Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580)

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580) Empty Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580)

Post  gmcnaples Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I am using a new Samsung DVD player via HDMI connection to receiver HT-580, (reveiver part of the HT-S5300 package.) I just upgraded the DVD because I was having long and short blackouts/skips with no sound or picture while playing BluRay. I was of the opinion that it was the DVD player. Wrong, it still happens with the new DVD player. I did at one time, bypass the AVR and played directly into the Samsung LCD 55" TV, and the DVD worked finefor hours without blackout and skip. Now that I have replaced the DVD player and the problem still exists, it pretty much proves it is the AVR. I have also replaced the HDMI cable between the DVD and the AVR but still have the blackouts/skips.
Any suggestions?

gmcnaples

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580) Empty Re: Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580)

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi gmcnaples,

Have you tried a reset of the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-S5300 (receiver HT-580) Empty I have reset the Onkyo AVR

Post  gmcnaples Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

I have reset the Onkyo AVR per the instructions and I still have the same issues, nothing changes. Any help?

gmcnaples

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi gmcnaples,

At this point the only other thing to do is have a service center evaluate for you. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down