Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ

2 posters

Go down

ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ Empty ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ

Post  ulrich6 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:15 am

My audio and video cut out and flash when using my blu ray player. If I use a blu ray disc and change the player setup to output the 24hz Everything workes fine. (Even though I should NOT have to do this) I can deal with it. However, when I use the blu ray to play a dvd, it cannot use the 1080p/24 mode, making my dvd's unwatchable.

I've tried 3 different hdmi cables
I've tried switching inputs

When I hook the blu ray straight to the tv, there are no problems at all at 1080p @60hz or 1080p @24hz

My Tivo, Motorola dvr, and my Xbox have no problems. However the Tivo and the Cable box are both putting out 1080i or 720p. I'm not sure what the Xbox 360 is putting out.

I've also tried a combination of things with the monitor out resolution in my setup on the receiver. If I put it on 1080p/24, it stops flashing. But I have to change it back to Auto to watch Tivo, because the picture looks awful in that mode. Changing all this stuff around just to watch a movie is unacceptable for my family. They can barely work the home theater as it is.

ulrich6

Back to top Go down

ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ Empty Re: ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi ulrich6,

What is the model of the TV and blue ray player also are you running high speed 1080p HDMI cables; how long is your HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ Empty Re: ht-rc360 Pic flashing when Blu Ray outputs 60HZ

Post  ulrich6 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm

LG BD670 Blu Ray
Samsung LNT5265F

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables. All different brands, all with the HDMI logo stamped on them. Cables ranging in size from 3 to 6 feet.

If I bypass the receiver, it displays with no flashing/flickering @ 24 or 60 HZ

ulrich6

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi ulrich6,

Have you tried to set the receiver to through and set your blue ray player to 1080p/24, if so and it still does not work then try a reset of the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not work then I would suggest a service center do an evaluation on it. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ulrich6 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 am

If the Blu Ray is in 1080p/24 everything is fine. No matter what I set the receiver to. (through, auto, etc.) The problem is that when I use the player to play a dvd, it forces 1080p/60 and then nothing works right.

I'll try the reset when I have a chance to set everything back up.

As far as a service center goes... The nearest one your site shows me is over 400 miles away. I've only has this thing a few weeks. I'll be returning it and finding a better product before I seek service. I'm not sure why I keep buying Onkyo products. This is my third AV receiver and my third one with problems. I bought this as a replacement to my 606 with dead hdmi board. The repair was going to cost as much as this replacement. The features and price lure me in every time.

Sorry to rant. I'm just frustrated. I was really hoping this was a simple setting problem.

ulrich6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down