Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection Empty HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection

Post  ox411 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 am

Hello, Im in need of some clarification of the users manual for the HT-RC360.

On the back of my RC360, there are 2 jacks, one on top of the other, the higher one would appear to be labeled "sub woofer"and the lower one would appear to be labeled "pre out" although, looking at it another way, they could both be labeled "sub woofer pre out".

my sub woofer (a polk PSW110) has "line in" connections with a left and a right jack. it also has a "LFE in" jack which is a single RCA plug.

the manual for the subwoofer seems to suggest that the "LFE in" is the prefered way to hook up the sub, provided my reciever can handle the processing.

could you tell me the best way to connect these 2 components?
do the "subwoofer" and the "preout" jacks output the same signal?
do i just run a single RCA cable from one of the reciever jacks to the LFE in jack on the sub?
do i run a single RCA cable from one of the reiciever jacks to one of the Line in jacks on the sub?
do i run a single RCA cable from one of the reciever jacks to a Y cable and plug it into both of the line in jacks on the sub?
do i run 2 RCA cables from both of the reciver jacks to both the L and R line in jacks on the sub?

thanks
-josh

ox411

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection Empty Re: HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Josh,
I have an assoicate looking into this for and will get back to you soon. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection Empty Re: HT-RC360 correct sub woofer connection

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi Josh,
1. This portion is the whole pre out, the top and bottom connections are the same. There are 2 there to give you an option to have 2 subwoofers.
2. The best connection is to use the Line in either the Left or the Right. Either one will give you the same connection.
3. If you are just hooking up 1 subwoofer then you would just connect one subwoofer pre out to the subwoofer. The other pre out is for another subwoofer.
Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ox411 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly....

but im still slightly confused.

i spoke with someone at onkyo tech support on the phone over the weekend and they said the best connection was to run a line from one of the subwoofer preout jacks to the LFE in jack on my subwoofer.

but your reply in the forum seems to say that the best connection is to run a line from one of the subwoofer preout jacks to one of the Line In jacks on my subwoofer.

could you please explain why these 2 answers, both from onkyo, seem to contradict each other?

thanks
-josh

ox411

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Josh,
Since I do not know who you spoke with on the phone please go with what I had suggested to you. The answer came from one our seasoned Product Support employees. I trust what this person told me. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down