Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus?

+2
OnkyoUSA
Comatose
6 posters

Go down

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus? Empty TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus?

Post  Comatose Fri May 04, 2012 3:13 am

I saw this youtube video online for the 414 that demonstrates the unit have a decent graphical OSD menu, with icons, color, etc. here:

On my unit with the latest firmware however, I only get black/white basic text. How do I enable the graphical OSD menus?

Comatose

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus? Empty Re: TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus?

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Comatose,

This is the menu you should see on your TV. Are you pressing the setup button or the home button on the remote? If you're pressing just the setup button you will get a basic menu on your screen. If the home button is pressed you will get the menu you posted. It has been tested by me personally and it does in fact work.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Comatose Sun May 27, 2012 5:01 am

I've tried both buttons, setup and home, both only show black/white plain menus.

I've tried performing a clear/reset on the receiver, no luck.
Firmware has also been updated to the latest 1060-4000-0000.

Any other ideas?

Comatose

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Sun May 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Comatose wrote:I've tried both buttons, setup and home, both only show black/white plain menus.

I've tried performing a clear/reset on the receiver, no luck.
Firmware has also been updated to the latest 1060-4000-0000.

Any other ideas?

Try pressing the white "receiver" mode button towards the top left of the remote. Then press the "home" button and you should see the OSD you are looking for.

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  Comatose Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:36 am

I've tried those exact steps. It brings up the menu, but it is in black/white plain text.
My problems is not finding the home menu.

Can you please check with your engineers to understand exactly what circumstances would cause the home menu to display in plain text only?

Comatose

Back to top Go down

Post  mpic92 Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:25 pm

I am facing the same exact problem. I have upgraded to the latest firmware, and have tried the steps outlined in this thread, but with the same results of only the basic black/white text menu via both the Home and Setup buttons. The receiver has worked fine, but I would appreciate a solution/explanation for this issue.

Much appreciated,

Matt

mpic92

Back to top Go down

Post  mpic92 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am

While the issue is easily describable, here is a photo of the TV, running Apple TV through the receiver, with the menu displayed when pressing the Home button:

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus? Scaled.php?server=690&filename=imag0157t

mpic92

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus? Empty Osdorp graphics

Post  Petco Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Have you found a solution ? I've just bought one and have the same problem?[quote]

Petco

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi forum users who purchased the 414,

The GUI on this model will be output the way you see it on your TV as is, the "demonstration" on our website was just that a demonstration and not meant to be the actual display you will get. That OSD or GUI that is on our website is from a higher end model.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Petco Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am

Hallo,

This seems strange, because I saw it work in the shop !

I also spotted a message from in Chaine ONKYO on You Tube
"
Onkyo Europe
The new, graphical Home Menu provides quick access to important receiver features like network services, USB, InstaPrevue, setup and firmware updates (available with TX-NR414 and higher)."

Petco

Back to top Go down

Post  mpic92 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:25 pm

So this is a case of blatant false advertising? The Amazon page specifically shows the feature. There are youtube videos by Onkyo and Newegg specifically focused on the 414 that show the menu feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfsHD5kgSeU, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bUvwvhxkyQ. Onkyo mentions it here http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-nr414-75913.html.

This was one of the primary features advertised for the TX-NR-414. I find it hard to believe that this was marketed in such a way, and then is mysteriously absent from the product, or at least some of them. OnkyoUSA, you said in this very thread:

OnkyoUSA wrote:It has been tested by me personally and it does in fact work.

and now,

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users who purchased the 414,
The GUI on this model will be output the way you see it on your TV as is, the "demonstration" on our website was just that a demonstration and not meant to be the actual display you will get. That OSD or GUI that is on our website is from a higher end model.

Respectfully I must ask, what gives?

mpic92

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi forum users,

This is the final word. You will only get a text based menu for the OSD on the TX-NR414. I apologize for the inconvenience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 No graphical OSD menus? Empty So this is a case of blatant false advertising?

Post  Petco Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 am

Hallo,

I'm deeply disappointed in the last answer. Having had a legal formation, and still beiing in the "business", I have to agree with mpic92.

I really would like to have the graphical osd menu. Which model can supply it ? What is ONKYO prepared to do as a commercial gesture ?

Thanks

Petco

Back to top Go down

Post  DBo Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

This is the final word. You will only get a text based menu for the OSD on the TX-NR414. I apologize for the inconvenience.

WOW! What a bunch of unbelievable false advertising BS! One of the reasons I purchased the 414 was because of the cool OSD. Is the 414 capable of having a graphical OSD? If so could it be updated through a firmware release?

DBo

Back to top Go down

Post  mpic92 Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

DBo wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

WOW! What a bunch of unbelievable false advertising BS! One of the reasons I purchased the 414 was because of the cool OSD. Is the 414 capable of having a graphical OSD? If so could it be updated through a firmware release?

It's likely possible for them to add the feature through a firmware update, but I would be shocked at this point if they address this issue. A legitimate apology at the very least would be nice, because as you said, this is a case of false advertising BS.

mpic92

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Thank you for your input and information; we have previously addressed this issue in a previous posting and have already contacted newegg.com and they have already revised the product video on their website. The links provided are from a third-party vendor (newegg.com) and the Onkyo Europe weblink doesn't depict this option either. It speaks of INSTAPREVUE (which is different than what you are inquiring about). If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm/ Saturdays and Sundays 10am- 4pm EST). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DBo Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 pm

So is the 414 capable of displaying the graphical OSD that the 515 has via a possible firmware update?

DBo

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:13 pm

The TX-NR 414 is NOT capable of the same OSD presentation as found with the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. It doesn't have the same OSD capabilities and there is NO current information to suggest any F/W revision to grant this capability presently.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down