Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414

2 posters

Go down

Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414 Empty Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414

Post  des421 Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 pm

How long does the first "Now Initializing" go on? There appears to be a connection. At least the router has assigned an IP for it. I may have a fairly complicated hookup? An Asus RT-N66U in the office with an Ampedwireless SR300 upstairs Repeating\Extending the 2.4 GHz band. But everything else, a ROKU box & Samsung Smart TV, connect fine. The Receiver is connected Ethernet to the SR300. It's just been siting there with very slow activity indicated on the connected port LED and nothing but "Now Initializing" for a L o n g T i m e. What am I waiting for? Please.

des421

Back to top Go down

Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414 Empty Got it working

Post  des421 Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Just for the record in case anyone else follows suit. I'd originally turned the receiver on with no internet connection, so apparently it had gotten past it's normal start-up, gotten stuck, whatever? And I'd been doinking with it's settings; had RIHD on at one point until I decided I didn't like that (something was turning the receiver Off out of Standby losing HDMI Passthrough), had HDMI Passthrough enabled on CBL\SAT, and massaged the Speaker settings. Anyway, I Cleared it back to factory defaults with an Ethernet cable hooked up, and it dropped into an initial update which restored\added the missing Net functions. After which it wanted a Firmware update. Though it had just done that? But checked on the latest version, there was a newer. Let it go round again, it only takes a few minutes. Everything seems to be working now. It's a learning curve, ought to know better by now. I wanted to get everything operating and let it go on line last. It wants that First. And it needs to do things it's way. Onkyo could explain these things and save a lot of trouble?

DES

des421

Back to top Go down

Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414 Empty Re: Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by our regional service center. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414 Empty Re: Setting up the Net on a TX-NR414

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down