Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  Poechi Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:28 pm

I've run some test and my conclusion is as the rest. MAIN OUT will work if you unplug the power and plug it back in. Unfortunately this is not an option for me. I've decided to bring the unit back tomorrow and get my money back.

I'm sure that Onkyo will release working firmware some day. But as of now it's nothing more than a waste of money due to lack of this 'simple' functionality.
I'll go and by a proper HDMI 1x2 splitter to use in conjunction with my old Yamaha. This will yield the same result I was after.

I hope this will be sorted soon for all the other users.

Poechi

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm actually getting really pissed off at this. This thread has been going on for 19 pages now and there is no solution in sight nor any definitive answer from ONKYO. I know my receiver has only been b0rked for a day (since I got it), unlike you other poor souls whom have been living with this SHIT for months, but this is utterly unacceptable.

Why has the 515 unit not been recalled?

Wish I had read up more on it before taking the plunge, it got really nice reviews here in Sweden then it's broken / DOA as we can tell here.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawplace Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Why wont Onkyo tell us anything.. this shit does not take 5 months to figure out,

I think they are avoiding a full call back of all tx-nr515 models. Maybe they should test the reciveres before they sell us this shit.. well at least there will not be a next time. Thank you for nothing Onkyo

Lawplace

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 pm

I need to know pretty soon, other lawss on return here in sweden -- do I send the TX515 back or not? There is no "press release" that explains this, about as cool as you 0.3%.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  riconek Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:22 pm

I just cancelled my order for 515. I am not going to take my chances with it. My old Onkyo receiver 608 blow up few days ago , 4 months after my warranty expired. Onkyo lost another customer
Do you guys have any recommendation what to get?(I want denon , yamaha or pioneer)

riconek

Back to top Go down

Post  Poechi Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 am

Get a Yamaha.. Cost a bit more but you have no problems with it. I'm sticking to my old Yamaha for now. Will buy something else to complete my goal of splitting HDMI signal.

Poechi

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Try this - fixed the issue for me

Post  ejronin Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 am

ejronin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty ONKYO TX-NR515 AND 616 VIDEO OUT ISSUE

Post  MARK616 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 pm

BOTH AMPLIFIERS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. THEY BOTH SUFFER A SERIOUS ISSUE WHERE NO VIDEO OUTPUT ITERMITENTLY OCCURS WHEN POWERING ON. THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IS BY UNPLUGGING AND REPLUGGING.
ALL PEOPLES COMMENTS ABOUT "OCCURS WHEN NETWORK STANDBY IS ON ONLY" - JUST TURN OFF AND ON ON FRONT SWITCH - BAD HDMI CABLE - AND NOT LATEST SOFTWARE - OR DO A RESET - ARE ALL NG FIXES.
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE UNITS - I HAD A NEW 515 IN AUGUST 2012 AND HAD THE ISSUE THEN UPGRADED TO A 616 WHICH ALSO HAS THE PROBLEM. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND I PLAN TO GET A REFUND ON THE 616 AND MOVE TO ANOTHER MAKE

MARK616

Back to top Go down

Post  markwyse24 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:48 pm

I have this exact problem as well with a client's receiver. Please update the status on this issue.

markwyse24

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Onkyo takes very seriously any problem experienced by our fans and customers. The issues on the TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 were experienced by a very small number of consumers (less than .3%) which made isolating the problem very difficult for our engineering staff. Nevertheless, we have been burning the midnight oil to fix the issue and expect to have a firmware update next week. There will be full details on our website.

As always, we are here to support our consumers 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a knowledgeable and caring support team in New Jersey and Nashville.

Sincerely,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty No video out issue

Post  MARK616 Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:57 am

This whole subject is now a joke.
The odd repeated message from the "forum modulator" telling us how seriously Onkyo are taking the issue....
This is not a HDMI handshake issue I do not think - it is a hardware or software issue in all the new 2012 Onkyo receivers and the amps should not be being sold until it is fixed.
I would say DO NOT BUY a 515, 616 ONKYO amp UNTIL THIS IS PROPERLY ADDRESSED AND FIXED BY ONKYO.

MARK616

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty NR-TX515 AND 616

Post  MARK616 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 am

BOTH AMPLIFIERS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. THEY BOTH SUFFER A SERIOUS ISSUE WHERE NO VIDEO OUTPUT ITERMITENTLY OCCURS WHEN POWERING ON. THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IS BY UNPLUGGING AND REPLUGGING.
ALL PEOPLES COMMENTS ABOUT "OCCURS WHEN NETWORK STANDBY IS ON ONLY" - JUST TURN OFF AND ON ON FRONT SWITCH - BAD HDMI CABLE - AND NOT LATEST SOFTWARE - OR DO A RESET - ARE ALL NG FIXES.
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE UNITS - I HAD A NEW 515 IN AUGUST 2012 AND HAD THE ISSUE THEN UPGRADED TO A 616 WHICH ALSO HAS THE PROBLEM. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND I PLAN TO GET A REFUND ON THE 616 AND MOVE TO ANOTHER MAKE

MARK616

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Video out not working

Post  Jes The Cat Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 am

Uk purchase here. Had the amp for less than a month and now have the video out problem. I cannot believe how long this has been going on with it not being resolved. I have emailed Onkyo that unless its sorted ASAP the amp goes back and I will have to look for another make at similar price range (suggestions please!). I will also write to the UK hi fi magazines as it was on thier high recomendations to purchase this model. They obviously are unaware of the many disgruntled people who have bought these two models, I for one have not come across such a lenghty forum thread with so many people with the same problem! Mad

Jes The Cat

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty working perfectly here - so far.

Post  ashley68 Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:12 am

NZ purchase here. Unboxed the unit, applied whatever online firmware updates are available and I'm relieved to say everything is working perfectly. I'm driving a Panasonic 50" plasma off the sub, and an Optoma HD66 off the main (because for some reason the sub port couldn't drive 1080p 60hz at 15m, but the main could). I using pass through mode to prevent signals getting "enhanced" after they pass through the receiver.

Inputs are a media centre (that handles subscription TV through oscam etc, bluray playback etc) and an xbox.

Are other people reporting failures out the box or after a period of time?
I've made sure on mine I have complete ventilation front/rear/top and no other components under or on top of it to prevent any heat related issues.

I'm just wondering what the triggers are for this issue or if I just have a "lucky" one! If it stays a lucky unit, I'm really pleased with it - for NZ$547 it is unbeatable.

ashley68

Back to top Go down

Post  enigmakrishna Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:The issues on the TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 were experienced by a very small number of consumers (less than .3%) ...

Dear Onkyo,
Less than .3%????
How do you explain that both the TX-NR515 that i exchanged still suffer from the no HDMI issue that all 19 pages of loyal customers here are all having?????? Embarassed

enigmakrishna

Back to top Go down

Post  riconek Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Mine was fine for 6 days. Today it stopped working. I contacted Amazon already. It goes back .
Onkyo this is joke. I am(was) Onkyo fan for last 10 years or so(3 receivers) but I am done with it.
Onkyo how you can even sell this POS? Can we contact someone so they will take us seriously?

riconek

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty same problem for me now after less than 24 hours.

Post  ashley68 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 pm

last night everything was working perfectly with the dual outputs. I left the unit in standby. This morning when I switched it on with the front button, I couldn't switch to the other output (no signal like everyone else). I unplugged the power to the receiver from the wall socket and plugged it back in and everything is working perfectly again. So to me this is definitely a firmware bug and nothing more - let's hope it gets fixed soon as it's quite annoying.
I'm also at a loss as to why I would be able to drive my projector off the main port on a 15m cable, but off the sub port I can't get a reliable signal through - I wonder if this is related? So I have to have my projector on the main and TV on the sub but then I loose the on-screen display on the TV as I only see it on the projector - it would be great if the firmware could be modified to put the on-screen display onto whichever device is the active one if the monitor-main or monitor-sub setting is used.

ashley68

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Onkyo takes very seriously any problem experienced by our fans and customers. The issues on the TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 were experienced by a very small number of consumers (less than .3%) which made isolating the problem very difficult for our engineering staff. Nevertheless, we have been burning the midnight oil to fix the issue and expect to have a firmware update next week. There will be full details on our website.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawplace Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

How can it be a firmware problem if only 3 % are affected? That does not make any sense

Lawplace

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Loss of video

Post  Jes The Cat Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm

What I do find strange is how the amp seems to work fine for a start and then develops the problem,which then persists. Does that indicate some sort of hardware problem, perhaps some 'chip' failing perhaps?
I have just contacted the shop I bought mine from and asked if they have many returns, am waiting for reply before deciding replacement or new purchase. Rolling Eyes

Jes The Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  miami580 Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm

All of us are within the one year warranty period. If we take it in to get fixed, what is Onkyo going to do? Since there is no fix, will they give us a new unit and hope it doesn't fall within the fictitious ".3%"? 5 months and they still haven't figured it out??

miami580

Back to top Go down

Post  riconek Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

I guess I am lucky Tomorrow I will send it back to Amazon. I am done with Onkyo. It used to be great company with great products but now It's joke.
Onkyo do you really think we customers are stupid? Only 0.3% of them are bad. I would rather say 0.3% don't have issue.
I wil make sure none of my friend will get onkyo

riconek

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty a possible theroy here...

Post  ashley68 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 am

from looking at the net, Onkyo often don't push out 5v at the hdmi port due to flaky hdmi boards and this causes issues particularly when the cable run is long (eg 10M or longer). In my case I can drive a projector fine off the main on a 10m cable but not off the sub. When I try to drive it off the sub, the projector flickers as if its trying to do the HDCP handshake but fails. If I extend the cable by another 1m (using a longer patch lead I get the no signal issue. As the 515 is a dual output receiver, I'm guessing that many will be driving two devices off it - one with a longer cable run than the other.

Is it possible that if the hdmi power board is not putting out sufficient voltage/current to the output device that this could be causing the no signal issue and over time stressing the components on the power board to the point where the unit fails to push out 5v (or perhaps temporarily overheats so pin 18 on the hdmi cable doesn't get the full 5v)?

If so, has anyone tried this to see if it overcomes the issue; Rapidrun HDMI voltage inserter from Amazon/Cables to Go etc. (preferably before the receiver fails completely).

ashley68

Back to top Go down

Post  Pdub247 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Dropped my 515 off for replacement this morning after HDMI-out failures and Spotify crashing when searching albums.. Hopefully this one will work, different batch number.. Seen a couple of posts about length of HDMI out lead, I can tell you that I was using a 1.5m HDMI 1.4 cable.

Will let you know how long new one works for.

Pdub247

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 12 Empty Same problem

Post  Dubguy Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Our 515 was working fine for about a month, then all of the sudden this morning: no picture. I'll dig up serial/model #'s later, but it seems pretty obvious by the length of this thread that this is an Onkyo hardware/firmware issue and nothing more. Have you guys (Onkyo) been able to replicate this or not? Acting as though only a few customers are experiencing this when there are numerous mentions here alone is ridiculous, and you guys can't fix it unless you have a unit or two exhibiting the symptoms: do you have any? Is there an active support team working on this?

Dubguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next