Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 USB not working

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 USB not working Empty TX-NR515 USB not working

Post  heilgates Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 pm

I just bought and hooked up a TX-NR515 (to replace an SR707 which developed the "no sound" issue 2 months after the warranty expired...DOH). I also bought a UWF-1 wireless adapter for it. I hooked everything up but the UWF-1 is not recognized when I switch the input to USB(R). It stays in a constant state of "Now Initializing...". I decided to try a USB firmware update (assuming that the issue was in the firmware), but after placing the USB key with the update files from 4/20/2012 into the front USB port and selecting USB(F) input, the same thing happens ("Now Initializing..." forever). I tried restarting the unit as well as unplugging and plugging it back in, but no change. Is there something I am missing or did I get a defective unit.

Two extra notes about the situation - my USB key lights up during access whenever it is in my computer, but never lights up when plugged into the NR515. Also, I did a quick test and plugged the UWF-1 into my computer and it recognized the device (asked for drivers, at which point I removed it), so I do not believe my UWF-1 has any issues.

heilgates

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 USB not working Empty Re: TX-NR515 USB not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi heilgates,

You may have a bad unit as I was able to access Vtuner fine using the UWF-1 in our lab. Depending on the dealer you purchased it from you may be able to return it for an exchange. The only other thing I can suggest is to have a service center take a look at it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down