Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-8050 Receiver

2 posters

Go down

TX-8050 Receiver Empty TX-8050 Receiver

Post  markinvic Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Recently bought one of these, and am very happy with it. Two questions though:

1) I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a vTuner internet station to my favorites list using the Onkyo remote. The instruction manual steps don't seem to work. (No problem doing it from the onkyo vTuner website). Any hints?

2) The android app also looks great, but I have the following problem. My android phone IS my wireless network (i.e. I use it as a wireless hotspot at home), but there doesn't seem to be a way to configure the app to access it. On the TX-8050 I had to use the manual wireless network setup to get the UWF-1 to work with my phone-based wi-fi, but I don't see a similar option in the android app. Am I missing something?

Thanks

markinvic

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 Receiver Empty Re: TX-8050 Receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi markinvic,

I just checked our TX-8050 and Vtuner favorites are the first thing that shows up on the receiver. On your 2nd question, these units are made to connect to an actual router and not a Wi-Fi hotspot such as your phone.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  markinvic Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 pm

I know how to find the vTuner favorites list, and I can see and access all of the stations I've added to it from the onkyo.vtuner website. The problem is I can't add stations to the favorites list from the receiver itself.

Here is the scenario :

Using the Onkyo TX8050 remote, I:
- connect to vTuner Internet Radio
- browse through the stations listings, select a station I'm interested in, and connect to it
- while the audio is playing, press Menu, navigate to the Add to My Favorites item, and press Enter
- the display now shows 'vTuner:station name' (where station name is the actual name of the station I'm listening to
- rename the station by editing the displayed name and selecting OK (I've also tried leaving the default displayed name unchanged and pressing OK)

According to pg 31 of the TX8050 user guide, this should add the station to the favorites list, but it doesn't - nothing ever happens.

What am I doing wrong?

markinvic

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi markinvic,

Have you checked in "My added stations" under Vtuner?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  markinvic Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Have figured this out finally. It was working all along-the confusing part is that there are several different favorites lists. I was looking at the Favorites and My Added Stations lists you get to after connecting to vTuner, but these are not the Favorites lists where the receive stores the presets. The manual doesn't say anything about there being more than one Favorites list.

Last edited by markinvic on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

markinvic

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 am

Hi markinvic,
We are sorry that the manual was slightly confusing, but we are glad you were able to figure it out. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down