Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls Empty Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls

Post  vincentmg Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Greetings, I have the Onkyo TX-SR504 7.1 Channel A/V Receiver that is about 4 years old... once powered on I cannot change any of the controls, even with the remote control. It happens to be stuck in CD mode, and I can actually play CD's through it, but I cannot make any changes, not even the volume. In fact I cannot even shut the unit off; I need to unplug it to power down.

I should also mention that my previous apartment burned down and this unit was in a room that had a LOT of black smoke and possibly some high heat. Any thoughts?

-Thanks!

vincentmg

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls Empty Re: Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi vincentmg,
I am terribly sorry about the fire, that is just awful. I am going to ask you to perform a reset on your unit. It is important to take note of somethings before doing the reset: " THIS RESET WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO AND VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER; ALSO YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATION, SPEAKER DISTANCE , ALL LEVEL CALLIBRATION SETTINGS AND AUDYSSEY SETTINGS. YOU WILL LOOSE ANY PROGRAMED RADIO STATIONS IN THE MEMORY." To perform the reset please hold down [VIDEO 1] button,while holding it down press the [STANDBY/ON] button. “Clear” will appear on the display. Thank you for contacting Prodcut Support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls Empty Re: Onkyo TX-SR504 cannot change controls

Post  vincentmg Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Unfortunately I wasn't able to do the reset. None of the buttons do anything for some reason. I can only power up/off by unplugging the device. I actually tried holding the VIDEO1 button in while I powered up (plugging in) and strangely, the receiver switched to VIDEO1 mode, but after that I cannot make any other changes nor do the reset.

vincentmg

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 am

Hi vincentmg,
It sounds like your unit needs to go in for service. Unfortunately, it is no longer under warranty since it is 4 years old. You can either contact the service center directly to send it in for service. Here is our blog post on locating a service center: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/
Or you can contact our parts and service department to see if there is anything they can do for you: (201) 785-2600, option 4. Thank you for being an Onkyo Customer and have a lovely Holiday week/weekend!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down