Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections Empty TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections

Post  mkanyak Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm

What are the minimum outputs for DVD player (blu ray) to output audio to both zone 1 and zone 2?
The DVD player currently only has a digital coax and hdmi output. In my current setup, i connected the digital coax to the receiver and the hdmi to the TV. With this set up, audio is fine in zone1 and video works as well. For zone 2 output, I bought a DAC (digital audio converter) and connected the RCA red/white connectors, but did not get any sound from zone 2. After thinking about it, I probably need addtional connectors/plugs in the rear of the DVD player for audio to work in both zones. If so, what would be the minimum required plugs on the DVD player to allow this?
Thanks.

Mike

mkanyak

Back to top Go down

TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections Empty Re: TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Mike,

Zone-2 on all of our receivers is analog only. A standard red and white analog cable plug will work fine. I would not use a DAC for this as it is not recommended.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections Empty Re: TX-SR603X-Zone 2 Audion Basic Connections

Post  mkanyak Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Thank you. For audio to work in both zones, would i only need one set of red/white connections on the DVD player or would I need two sets (one for each zone)? If one set, then would I plug those red/white cables into the DVD red/white plugs for zone 1?
I appreciate any help...I am looking at the manual on page 27 and it appears that I might need only one set of red/white and that set would connect to the 'Front L/R' plugs...Or do I need a 2nd set of red/white on the DVD player (page 74 seems to indicate that) to connect to the a/v receiver?

Mike

mkanyak

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Mike,

You will only need one set from your DVD player red and white to the Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down