Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY

2 posters

Go down

TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY Empty TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY

Post  Danny123 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello my 1008 is not responding when i press the panel buttons..did a firmware update and still nothing..
Ive heard it is a REGULAR problem with Onkyo? the Support center in Mexico told me that since they have too much work just looking at what it has would take 4-6 weeks!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

Danny123

Back to top Go down

TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY Empty Re: TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:02 am

Hi Danny123,
Please give us a detailed description of what is happening with your unit. This will help us to further understand and help you. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY Empty Re: TXNR 1008 PANEL NOT RESPONDING & GOING CRAZY

Post  Danny123 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:16 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Danny123,
Please give us a detailed description of what is happening with your unit. This will help us to further understand and help you. Thank you.

I just turned it on las friday, and it seemed to start changing from DVD to Game to Port to Radio interminetly.
Then the from panel buttons stopped working, and only through the remote I could access them.
I downloaded the Firmware and nothing happened.
Had to send the equipment to Onkyo Mexico, but they told me the warranty is only valid in the US.

I have read that this is a common thing on the ONKYO brand....so sad...
BUYERS- READ....

avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1339186&page=3

Danny123

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Danny123,

We will cover it under the warranty if you made the purchase in the USA and brought it to Mexico then the unit will need to ship back to the USA for the warranty work to be done. Most likely it will need to go to California’s regional service center:

ADAMS ELECTRONICS
7128 EDINGER AVE
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92647
714-848-0110

Please let us know what you would like to do?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny123 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:49 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Danny123,

We will cover it under the warranty if you made the purchase in the USA and brought it to Mexico then the unit will need to ship back to the USA for the warranty work to be done. Most likely it will need to go to California’s regional service center:

ADAMS ELECTRONICS
7128 EDINGER AVE
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92647
714-848-0110

Please let us know what you would like to do?

I have sent it to a repair center here in Mexico, they have told me again about the warranty.
I cannot send it to the US because it is a very heavy item to ship.
I thought your warranty would be valid world wide...like apple products....
Maybe that is why their products sell so well...
Can you make my warranty valid here?

Danny123

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Danny123,
Unfortunately, When a unit is purchased in the USA and then brought out of the country that normally voids the warranty, but we can cover it if it is brought back here for service. We sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. You can contact our parts and service department for more information and assistance. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com. Someone there will be happy to help you Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Again, we are sorry for this isse you are having. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down