Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally Empty TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally

Post  jrj23517 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I've had my 709 for a couple months and like it very much. Excellent sound, Networking, dual HDMI, lots of good stuff.

Recently though I've had a problem with the HDMI system:
The TVs display a message indicating the device isn't HDCP compliant. The 709 keeps cycling, apparently trying to connect properly.

First, I did the hard reset. That worked, but I lost all the presets, etc... as expected :-(

The problem occurred again - it happens when turning on from standby. I tried everything I could think of - changing and reinstating the inputs, changing outputs, all the things I could do from the menu, with no change.

I unplugged the receiver, and plugged it back in. The system went through some sort of HDMI Startup sequence and worked fine.
After a week or so it happened again. - unplugged and plugged, and all is well and settings are preserved.

Question

Until I get around to requesting warranty repair, is there any way to trigger this HDMI Startup without a total power down or hard reset?

jrj23517

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally Empty Re: TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi jrj23517,

Have installed the latest firmware on this unit either from the NET or using the USB?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally Empty RE: TX-NR709 TURNING ON RANDOMLY HDMI STOPS WORKING OCCASIONALLY

Post  jrj23517 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:08 pm

I did an update a couple months ago, and recently checked and the version was still correct. I just now checked and it appears there is another update. I am installing that now.

Thanks - I will update the status when complete.

UPDATE - The March 12 update has installed successfully. I will report back if this update resolved my issue. It is not a frequent happening so It may be some time before I see any further symptoms or am comfortable the issue appears to be resolved.

Last edited by jrj23517 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update to prior post)

jrj23517

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally Empty Re: TX-NR709 turning on randomly HDMI stops working occasionally

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:12 am

We hope the latest firmware helps, but please keep us posted on your issue, it is important to us that we resolve it for you ASAP. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down