Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV Empty TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV

Post  mckaytj Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I have a Tx-NR609 and a brand new AppleTV (MD199LL/A)
I've tried hooking the Apple TV directly up through my 609 and it will not recognize the Apple TV. If I hook the Apple TV directly up to my Samsung TV it works just fine, even plays sound back through my 609.
(my current hook-ups are: TV-609 via HDMI out, Blu-Ray Player & Cable via HDMI in & CD via Toshlink)
I've tried using the PC, Game & VCR/DVD HDMI imputs but nothing works.
Any suggestions?

mckaytj

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV Empty Re: TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi mckaytj,

Do any other devices work in the HDMI inputs that you have connected or is it just the Apple TV that is having the issue?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV Empty Re: TX-NR609 will not recognize Apple TV

Post  mckaytj Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Actually I can NOT receive a signal through any of the other HDMI ports. I tried using both the Blu-Ray Player and my Cable Box and neither worked in "Game" "VCR/DVD" or "PC"

This receiver is only 8 or so months old.

I do have a SOLID BLUE screen on my TV when something is plugged into the corresponding HDMI & Receiver Selector matches. The difference is when nothing is hooked up the TV says "weak or no signal"

please advise. Thanks!

mckaytj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi mckaytj,

Have you tried a factory reset of the unit yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not work then it will need further evaluation at an authorized service center. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page at www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mckaytj Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

OKAY- It will now recognize all my devises, including the AppleTV after preforming a reset.
However the manual is in storage and trying to remember how to pair my Samsung TV with the NR609. Before I can use my Samsung remote to control the receivers volume. (Before when I power on the TV the receiver would power on and I can control the volume and when I powered off the tv the receiver would also power off)
Any help here?

mckaytj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi mckaytj,

First make sure you have your HDMI control set to on in the TV, keep in mind that this function varies with different manufacturers then go in to the setup of the receiver and go to hardware setup then HDMI and set the HDMI control (RIHD) to on.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down