Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently Empty Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently

Post  tgrmst Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi folks,

I recently bought a 709 and it was working fine until I updated the firmware (might not be related) in order to stream music.
Anyways, since then I have been noticing intermittent blinking/flickers while watching movies/playing games through that HDMI.
I did the troubleshooting (cables are good) and hard reset the device. Also, tried switching between main/sub HDMI output slots but no changes.
Although the sub channel seems to be less often.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

tgrmst

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently

Post  tgrmst Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Update: I tried a different port. It was Main output and Game.

This time it is Sub output and DVD. Working great. I did see a blink once but no more after hours of usage.

tgrmst

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709 - HDMI Blinks/Flicker intermittently

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi tgrmst,

Glad that this issue has been resolved.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tgrmst Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 am

The problem returns. On all modes, on different cables. Random timing. Sometimes a few times a minutes. Very annoying. Please advise.

tgrmst

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi tgrmst,

Then my suggestion would be have one of our service centers evaluate that. Please go to our main page and under support you may locate one of our authorized service centers.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down