Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream videos to the Onkyo TX-NR1009

2 posters

Go down

Stream videos to the Onkyo TX-NR1009 Empty Stream videos to the Onkyo TX-NR1009

Post  Speed Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 pm

My last Christmas present to myself was this brand new TX-NR1009. What a treat to myself!

If I was to enumerate all features I like about the receiver, my post will probably take a few pages.

To the point:
My question is how do I stream my High Def AVCHD videos .mts files captured by my camcorder from my network Hard Disk Drive (supporting DLNA as well as i-Tune) to the receiver?

I know (and have done) I can stream music (mp3...) but from what I read from the receiver documentation, video streams are not supported, Am I right? Any plan to implement it in the near future as a feature upgrade?

If it is not intended to be implemented, it is a bit of a disappointment especially as the receiver is fitted with one of the best video chip on the market today (Marvel Qdeo).

Also, do you have any Onkyo product to recommend to be able to stream videos to the receiver? If not, any other brand to recommend?

I stop my thinking here and can't wait to read your recommendations.

I give my receiver a A+ mark !

Speedy.

Speed

Back to top Go down

Stream videos to the Onkyo TX-NR1009 Empty Re: Stream videos to the Onkyo TX-NR1009

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Speed,
Unfortunately, you cannot stream video to the receiver at this time and we have no information as to when that will be made avaliable. We also do not have a product at this time with that feature. We are sorry for any inconvenience. We will forward your suggestion to the correct department. Thank you for the suggestion and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down