Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR1009 questions and issues (several!)

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR1009 questions and issues (several!) Empty Onkyo TX-NR1009 questions and issues (several!)

Post  pixel233 Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi,
after 4 years of complete satisfaction with an 875 I recently replaced it with a 1009 as I wanted to take advantage of some of the newer listed features, but I am really missing some of the things the older model was able to do so I am hoping that the Support here can maybe set me straight with some remedies please?

The older model had a physical audio selector switch behind front panel to switch between different audio connections on a source such as hdmi, optical etc.
The new 1009 model has a similar feature buried in the menu settings options meaning you have access only when tv is on or using the keys on the front display, neither is a very user friendly option and a huge design oversight.
Is there a way to switch the Audio Selector input with a remote control, possibly even on an older models remte that I can program into a Harmony, really want that function back and hope there is a way??

Secondly, I want to get the Wireless adaptor working (also update the firmware) but now when I press either NET or USB (front or back) source keys it starts "INITIALIZING" endlessly and I can't get into the necessary menus to do any sort of setup, how do i stop it from doing that??

Thats it for now, really hope I can get some help with these please??

pixel233

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR1009 questions and issues (several!) Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR1009 questions and issues (several!)

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 pm

The AUDIO SELECTOR feature is only available via the SETUP menu located in the SOURCE SETUP submenu. You will need to navigate thru the menu to access and reassign this option. You will need to contact the Product Support during hours of operation to obtain the IR codes to program onto your Harmony remote, if capable. In regards to the NET issue, have you tried doing a SOFT reset on the receiver by unplugging from its power source for 3-5 minutes and also rebooting your router/ modem for 30 seconds? When you reconnect the receiver; press either the NET or USB button and await the NOW INITIALIZING message to disappear and the receiver to operate as normal.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank you;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down