Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to stream movie audio wirelessly to my RC360?

2 posters

Go down

How to stream movie audio wirelessly to my RC360? Empty How to stream movie audio wirelessly to my RC360?

Post  ZodMeister Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:47 am

I have a home network that's all connected and working great. I can send audio to my RC360 with no problems. However, I'd like to watch movies on my (wireless) laptop, while sending the movie audio to my RC360.

How can I do that?

I tried the "Play To" function in Windows Media Player, but I get a "format is not supported" message.

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

ZodMeister

Back to top Go down

How to stream movie audio wirelessly to my RC360? Empty Re: How to stream movie audio wirelessly to my RC360?

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 am

Hi ZodMeister,
Unfortunately, that will not work. You can only stream audio files from your PC to the receiver. If the audio files were separated from the video files then you would be able to stream the audio to the receiver. Since the movie is one file (with video and audio together) the receiver does not recognize it since it is only capable of streaming audio. Thank you for contacting product support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down