Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lan adapter

2 posters

Go down

Lan adapter Empty Lan adapter

Post  Ajkj Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I just purchased a TX-NR509 receiver to replace my older TX-SR302 primarily because of HDMI inputs.
Also purchased Onkyo's Lan adapter for wifi reception.
My network is an Apple airport extreme "N" with an Airport express used to stream (via "Airplay") to various
receivers throughout my home.
Turned on the receiver to "USB" connection and put the adapter in to configure it.
Found my network and used the manual setup and entered my password but the adapter would not connect.
I have heard that a "firmware" update might be needed so used a USB stick and downloaded the latest firmware
from Onkyo's web site.
Loaded the firmware to the receiver and found that the Lan adapter now would not find my network at all.
Any way to "reset" the adapter or any other way to get back to the original set up menu regarding the adapter?
I have a Roku box that works perfectly with the network.
Also have a "WII" that works on network.
Is it a problem with the Apple network or it is something that I've missed?
The receiver (with the adapter) is about 20 feet from the router so signal strength shouldn't be a problem.
I realize that using the Onkyo adapter is redundant since I use the Airport Express for streaming audio, however,
I wanted to use the Onkyo adapter for updating firmware via wireless.
Thanks for any suggestions.
AJ

Ajkj

Back to top Go down

Lan adapter Empty Re: Lan adapter

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Ajkj,

Although it is possible that the two wireless adapters will interfere with each other it is unlikely in this scenario.
You can reset the receiver back to factory defaults minus your new firmware that was installed. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. After you have everything back up and running please try using just the our wireless adapter to see if that works.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down