Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem Empty TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem

Post  wildbill129 Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am

I am unable to sign-in to the SiriusXM application on my my new TX-NR809. I can sign-in to my SiriusXM account through any of my computers on my network, just not through this receiver. I tried changing my username and password so it was no longer an email address for the username. Still does not work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Pandora and other internet and network apps work fine.

Thanks!

Bill

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem Empty Re: TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi wildbill129,

Since the receiver is just an interface like your computers that you have successfully connected with there is a possibility that you could be typing in wrong. Do you have any Capital letters or numerical entities in your login and password?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wildbill129 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi wildbill129,

Since the receiver is just an interface like your computers that you have successfully connected with there is a possibility that you could be typing in wrong. Do you have any Capital letters or numerical entities in your login and password?

Both login and password are lowercase letters and a few numbers. No symbols.

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi wildbill129,

We are able to login to Sirius fine in our lab. Have you tried over the weekend again to login?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem Empty Still can't logon to SiriusXM Online

Post  gebjeff Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 am

I've got a brand new TR-N609 and it successfully connects to the internet. I've entered my acct name and password using the OSD and through the receiver's web interface and I continue to get failed logon messages. I can successfully logon on SiriusXM Online through my Mac and my PC. Any idea what the problem is?

gebjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hi gebjeff,

Again, we have successfully signed in to our account in our lab with no issues. I have no idea why you are unable to sign in on your end. It might be something blocking it on your network.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebjeff Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm able to get music through vTuner, so my network connection is working. Does the SiriusXM application use the same IP ports as the vTuner? If so, the problem isn't related to a firewall. If not, what ports does the SiriusXM application use, so I can open my router's firewall. More than anything, it seems like it's an authentication issue (i.e., the SiriusXM application is not passing the user name and password correctly).

gebjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently looking into this matter for you. Please be patient and hopefully we will have an answer for you soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem Empty Further Update to SiriusXM Sign in error

Post  gebjeff Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 am

When I try to use my SiriusXM account name and password, I get the following error: "Sign In Error. Please check your account information". However, my account name and password are correct.

gebjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  wildbill129 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 am

gebjeff wrote:When I try to use my SiriusXM account name and password, I get the following error: "Sign In Error. Please check your account information". However, my account name and password are correct.

That is the same error message I am still getting.

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi forum users,

Please try this as a test, go direct to your modem bypassing the router completely and see if this works.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebjeff Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I have a Verizon FIOS connection that goes from the wall directly into the router. The router splits the signal between the STB and the internet. Thus, I can't try your test.

gebjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi gebjeff,

Is there a model number associated with your router?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gebjeff Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

It's an Actiontec MI424WR.

gebjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  wildbill129 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

Please try this as a test, go direct to your modem bypassing the router completely and see if this works.

I can't. My PPOE login is on the router, not the modem. It's a Linksys WRT610N.

I am also using ethernet not wireless on the Onkyo.

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi wildbill129,

Okay, let's try resetting the receiver and your network. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not work then you will need to either return the unit to the dealer for an exchange if you are within your exchange period or the only other thing I can suggest it to take/send to a service center for further evaluation. But before you do that I would check with the router manufacturer and see if they have any ideas on what could be the issue as there are several options in the router that could be causing this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wildbill129 Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi wildbill129,

Okay, let's try resetting the receiver and your network. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not work then you will need to either return the unit to the dealer for an exchange if you are within your exchange period or the only other thing I can suggest it to take/send to a service center for further evaluation. But before you do that I would check with the router manufacturer and see if they have any ideas on what could be the issue as there are several options in the router that could be causing this.

I did that once, and updated the firmware. It did not help. Everything on this receiver works great, this is the only issue I am having. It has to be a software or a router/firewall issue. Is the username/password combination you are using a combination of letters and numbers, or does it contain an email address? Can you tell me what port I might need to open up on my router?

thanks!

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 SiriusXM Login Problem Empty Update

Post  wildbill129 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:07 pm

As of this morning, it seems to be working! Yay! I love this receiver. Thank you Onkyo support! What a great customer service resource!

wildbill129

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi wildbill129,

I am glad to here that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RH Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:01 pm

I had this problem with my 609. After a bit of convincing, the Sirius rep suggested a strange solution that actually worked. Try entering your password in all caps. Mine has no caps and works fine with all my other devices, but for some reason it only works with all caps on the receiver. Don't understand why, but it works!
Good luck

wildbill129 wrote:I am unable to sign-in to the SiriusXM application on my my new TX-NR809. I can sign-in to my SiriusXM account through any of my computers on my network, just not through this receiver. I tried changing my username and password so it was no longer an email address for the username. Still does not work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Pandora and other internet and network apps work fine.

Thanks!

Bill

RH

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi RH,

That is a strange solution as I've never heard of it before even though you shouldn't have to do it on our receivers.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down