Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 & vtuner Problem

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 & vtuner Problem Empty TX-NR809 & vtuner Problem

Post  Harpya Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi again,

when I launch vtuner under NET and add a station to favorites via the menu, it does not appear in the NET-Vtuner-Favorites folder, but instead in the NET-MyFavorites folder.

However, when I select a station in that folder for playback, I always get the "Cannot Play" error message.

The stations play fine when searched for or selected under recently played etc.

I have the newest firmware and the receiver is connected via Ethernet cable.

Looks like a bug to me. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Chris

Harpya

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 & vtuner Problem Empty Re: TX-NR809 & vtuner Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Chris,
We are a little confused as to what is happening. Does this happen directly after placing Vtuner in your favorites? Or did it work for a little while and then when you went back to it a day or two later it displayed cannot play? If it is the second one then the issue would be with the station and not with the unit. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harpya Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:09 pm

No, it happens all the time and from the beginning.

1. Select NET
2. Select Vtuner
3. Search for a station OR
just choose one from the provided categories (most popular, recent, etc) and play.
4. While it plays, select "add as favorite"
5. Go back one menu to the categories -> Station does not appear in the favorite folder. (But it does appear in the "recent" folder and plays from there when selected)
6. Go back further to the "NET" overview page with all the stations.
7. Select "MyFavorites" -> Station set perviously as a favorit is listed there. However, when you choose to play it, "Cannot Play" appears.

It seems as if the GUI/iplementation of Vtuner in the Onky NET capability does not properly store the address of the stream/station when added as a favorite. Or is it something else?

BTW, I found several posts in other forums with that error, but no solution.

Harpya

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Chris,
We are looking into it and will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Chris,
Sorry for the delay. I am waiting on an answer ffrom an associate and will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harpya Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you.

Again: I seem to be not the only person with that problem, according to other forum.

Regards,
Chris

Harpya

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your patience. We have tested the issue you are having here and discovered that it does come up as cannot play, but only for a second or 2 and then starts playing. This could be because it is searching for the information. Please try again and wait a couple of seconds to see if it plays. If it does not the next thing we can suggest is trying a factory reset on your unit. There is some important information you need to know before performing the reset. You can find that information in our blog post. The blog post will also tell you how to perform the rest. http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ Thank you for being an Onkyo Customer!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harpya Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi,

"my Favorites" still did not play, even after the reset and waiting for some time.

However, all newly added favorites do play. The reason might be: You must not rename the station name. At least, you have to keep the source name prefix in front. E.g. "vtuner:station name" or "pandora: station name". If you remove the prefix like vtuner you get "cannot play". If you leave it there, it plays fine. It seems like the receiver's software needs to have the prefix in order to find the source stream.

So, maybe that should be added to manual: "Don't rename your favorite stations, or they won't play." Or maybe you could fix that glitch in the next firmware?

Kind regards,
Chris

PS: The favorites from vtuner still do not show up in vtuner's own favorite folder. Only in the general "My favorites" folder.

Harpya

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Chris,
We will take your suggestions and pass them on to the appropriate department. Thank you for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down