Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 not letting TV pass thru

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 not letting TV pass thru Empty HT-RC360 not letting TV pass thru

Post  rgvana Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am

Hello, I am completely baffled. I have new RC360 Onkyo reciever setup with with 64" 8000 series Samsung plasma, and a Samsung blue ray player, and Directv. Here's my problem, before when I initially setup the reciever, the TV sound was able to pass thru to the TV from the Sat/Recvr. when the receiver was powered off, now only the picture comes thru, no sound. I tried changing the MISC-HW-HDMI settings per the manual for passthru (AUTO, SAT/TV), and nothing seems to make a difference anymore. Everything else works fine.

Ideas?

rgvana

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 not letting TV pass thru Empty Re: HT-RC360 not letting TV pass thru

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 am

Hi rgvana,
Do you have HDMI Through set to auto? Is the indicator light for Through on, on the front of the receiver? Also, do you have the HDMI Control (RIHD) set to on?
Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rgvana Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

The Rec'vr when power off has the Standy Thur light on (yellow) and you see in the black window the chars HTMI. I currently have the HDMI Control (RIHD) set to off. I have HDMI set to Auto, (tried Last, and CBL/SAT, neither made a differece), Audio TV Out set to Off, Audio Return Channel set to Auto, Lip Sync set to ON (tried OFF too, makes no difference), and Auto Standby set to ON (tired OFF too, no difference).

rgvana

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi rgvana,
Please try turning HDMI Control (RIHD) to on. If that does not work I am going to ask you to perform a factory reset on your unit. Please read our blog post before performing the reset. It will supply you with important information as well as show you how to do it. http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/
Thank you for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rgvana Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Hello, well I HDMI Control (RIHD) to on, that just let me know that the TV was set to AnyNet, which would change the volume of the Recv'r when increased the TV, they moved in sync, no sound over TV. So, I shut off the Recv'r and TV/Sat as well to just clear anything. Then just tried turning on only the TV/Sat, no sound. I also disable AnyNet on TV and powered cycle the TV/Sat again as a possibility. Still no sound from TV, just picture. So that leaves me to try the reset.

rgvana

Back to top Go down

Post  rgvana Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Hello again, I excuted the reset process on the recv'r and after setting the Standby option back to AUTO, the TV works again. So when I shut off the rec'r the sounds switches back to the TV. This great bc it allows the kids to watch TV w/o having to mess w/the rec'r. Thx

rgvana

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 am

We are glad it was able to work out for you! Enjoy and thanks for choosing Onkyo! Very Happy
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down