Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall.

2 posters

Go down

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall. Empty NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall.

Post  marciobandeira Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:31 am

Hi, I bought a NR809 in USA and bring to Brazil. No I instaled, then I turned it on, then it gave a POP sound, turn on all the light and collors in the display then immediately shut down. The voltage of my product is 120 v, that works in My area, "110 V". First, this is a problem that I can´t fix? Second, do you have repair in Brazil? 3) The warranty is worldwide?
Can this problem be a fuse thar got broke during the trip?
I´m really frustrated Sad and apreciate any help cheers .

marciobandeira

Back to top Go down

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall. Empty Re: NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall.

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 am

Hi
Unfortunately, Onkyo products that are purchased in the United States are for use in the United States only. These units also carry a warranty only valid here in the United States. Any service that you require on your unit also must be done here. However, if the product is used outside of this country it is no longer covered under its warranty. You may also need to know that products purchased in the United States or Canada are fixed at 110 Volts and cannot be switched to 220 Volts and also, the video formats are different in other countries. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for contacting Product Support via our forum.

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall. Empty My area is 110 V

Post  marciobandeira Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Tks for nothing anyway.

marciobandeira

Back to top Go down

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall. Empty Re: NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall.

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi marciobandeira,
Unfortunately, that is our warranty policy and we are sorry for any inconveniences. You may ship it back to the states for a repair, but it would no longer be covered. Here is a link to locate a service center. http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/ Our apologies again on the issue with your unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR809 turns lights on, pop sound then dead. Then do it again until I plug out from the wall. Empty Thank you

Post  marciobandeira Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

This answer has really better and showed at least some interest for my problem.
Unfortunately, this product cost at least USD 2500 here, so probabelly is cheap to send it again to USA.
I´ll try to fix in Brazil, otherwise I ship to USA to fix it, even paying the repair.

Thank you again for the answer.

Marcio.

marciobandeira

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi marciobandeira,

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down