Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker]

2 posters

Go down

New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker] Empty New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker]

Post  christiansack Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

I just purchased a TX-NR809, I currently only have two Stereo speakers as I am still looking for the right 7.1 speaker system. I am fairly competent when it comes to electronics (Audio, Video, computer etc. equipment) but this has me baffled> I even read the manual front to back and back to front but cannot get my issue resolved. No matter how I connect things and which ever way I reconfigure I cannot get this A/V receiver to drive my Stereo speakers:
Ideally I wanted them connected to pre-out front L/R and have my power-Amp do the work but no such luck. connecting the speakers directly to the powered terminals on the NR809 also no sound. I have multiple HDMI input sources, no sound from any. The only way I can get sound to work is if I have it directed back up to the TV speakers. I have tried connecting analog audio, no fix either. pass-through does work. I have pretty much tried every permutation of settings possible and cannot get the NR809 to do it's job. I was able to run the Zone2 to my power-amp and get sound that way at first but now I cannot even recreate that anymore (not sure if the firmware update I performed yesterday has anything to do with that?). I should get Zone2 sound from HDMI audio source correct? How about pre-out from HDMI audio? but I don't even get amped sound from the NR809 when connecting speakers directly. Wiring is no issue, as soon as I put my old ONKYO pre-amp on the power-amp sound is restored.
I have spent too much time on trying to figure this one out and I am at point where I am getting frustrated and must ask for help. SO if anybody here can shed some light on the issue or provide some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. There must be something I am missing or not aware of as I cannot imagine this item being shipped DOA.
This is my desperate plea for help in order to save my sanity!!

Thanks in advance to all the audiophiles out there.

Christian

christiansack

Back to top Go down

New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker] Empty Re: New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker]

Post  christiansack Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

*bump* There is nobody here able to offer any assistance or tips? ONKYOUSA?

christiansack

Back to top Go down

New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker] Empty Re: New Onkyo TX NR809 no sound except [TV Speaker]

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi christiansack,

I apologize for the delay in responding; but you will not hear any audio out of zone-2 with a digital source connected such as an HDMI input. On your other querstions I'm concerned that you aren't getting audio out of even the front Left and Right speaker terminals. Have you attempted a reset of the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  christiansack Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Thank you for your response ONKYOUSA.
I did perform this last night to no avail. Problem of no sound continues (any source: HDMI or analog; pre-out and speaker out). I did find per another post that Zone2 uses analog source only so that is question is answered but the main problem is unresolved.
I would like to add that the mic auto-setup never gets past the "next" screen, the blue progress bar never moves and no sound is audible even after an extensive (~20 minutes) waiting period.

What else do you suggest I try?

Regards,

christiansack

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:36 am

Hi christiansack,

If you've done the reset per the instructions and it did not resolve the issue then the next thing to do is to have a service center do further evaluation on it. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down