Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC370 Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio problem

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC370 Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio problem Empty HT-RC370 Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio problem

Post  MagicSwordKing Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 pm

On my RC370, I do not think I am getting proper playback of HD Audio sources. I have a Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray player which is connected via HDMI, when I select Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA sound, the display always reads "MULTICH", the Dolby light does not come on, nor does the DTS light. We cannot figure out what is preventing us from receiving the best quality sound from our system. How do I enable DTS-HD and Dobly TrueHD? It is not specified in the manual, it seems like the lights should just turn on by themselves when they receive the signal from the blu-ray player. I can provide additional details as needed

MagicSwordKing

Back to top Go down

HT-RC370 Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio problem Empty Re: HT-RC370 Dolby Digital TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi MagicSwordKing,

In the BDP-S370 manual on page 28 it states that it can not bit-stream the TrueHD or DTS-Master audio to the receiver. Setting the DVD player is needed in order for the receiver to see these audio formats otherwise it will say PCM Multichannel in the display of the receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down