Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400

3 posters

Go down

Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400 Empty Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400

Post  comma Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm

When I am watching cable (via hdmi plugged into cable slot), the sound will randomly cut out for a second or two (sometimes longer). The picture does not cut out. I have tried 3 different cables (24 and 26 gauge) and it does the same thing. Any ideas to what this could be? Doesn't seem to be happening with any other hdmi connected devices.

comma

Back to top Go down

Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400 Empty Re: Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400

Post  legsmith Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 am

I have the exact same problem, when watching cable and blu ray on ps3. Audio will randomly cut out for anywhere from 1-5 seconds. It will do this at unset intervals. It is very annoying and I cannot seem to resolve the issue! I have switched HDMI cables, so that is not the issue. Any help would be much appreciated... I first thought it was just the audio cutting out, however I had an ipod plugged into the usb port for charging and noticed that every time the audio would cut out, the ipod would turn on indicating it had been unplugged ( as if the receiver had been turned off, yet I was still viewing video which was being passed through the receiver) and then it would turn back on indicating charging at the same time the audio would return.

legsmith

Back to top Go down

Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400 Empty Re: Sound cuts out when watching cable, ht-s5400

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 am

Hi Forum Users,
We are looking into this and will get back to you soon, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Forum Users,
Who is the manufacture and provider of your cable box? Also, have you tried changing the HDMI cable (using a new or different cable) between the receiver and the cable box? Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  comma Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:11 pm

My cable service provider is time warner and the box is made by samsung.
I have tried multiple cables ranging in quality so I know it isn't the cable.

comma

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Comma,
Thank you for providing us with the additional information that we needed. We will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  legsmith Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Yes i have used different hdmi cables. cable provider is comcast and the box is Pace. The playstation 3 is naturally Sony.

legsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi Forum Users,

I'd like for you to try a factory reset of the receiver to see if this resolves the issue you are having. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and as a test only setup the device that is flickering. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down