Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609?

3 posters

Go down

Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609? Empty Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609?

Post  cdfree Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Just got a 609 which has zone 2 outputs. I only use a 5.1 speaker system in my tv room. Is there a way I can assign the unused 7.1 outputs to power a third room? Couldn't figure it out after some tinkering. Thanks in advance.

cdfree

Back to top Go down

Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609? Empty Re: Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi cdfree,
Unfortunately, this receiver can only do 2 zone, so it would not be possible to have a 3rd room. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609? Empty Re: Any way to power a third zone on TX-NR609?

Post  Ametrica Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 am

cdfree wrote:Just got a 609 which has zone 2 outputs. I only use a 5.1 speaker system in my tv room. Is there a way I can assign the unused 7.1 outputs to power a third room? Couldn't figure it out after some tinkering. Thanks in advance.

Actually there may be a way if you plan for Zone 2 and 3 to play the same audio. The powered output for zone 2 can be used in one room and the non-powered outputs for zone 2 can be used for zone 3 but you will need a separate amplifier for this.

Ametrica

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down