Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks Empty TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks

Post  Tin Ear Tom Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Picked up a used TX-SR805, and upon plugging it into AC power for the first time, I can't get it to power up. I hear a continuous series of three "clicks," and it sounds like they're coming from just in front of the place where the power cord plugs into the back. Also, the Power/Standby light flashes on and off. The front panel display doesn't light up at all. Sounds like a problem, but I wanted to make sure of one thing: Does the receiver need to have a speaker load before it will come on? I haven't hooked anything up to it yet; I was trying to confirm it was working first. Thanks.

Tin Ear Tom

Back to top Go down

TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks Empty Re: TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 am

It appears that there may be a problem with this unit. Where did you purchase it?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks Empty Got it from eBay

Post  Tin Ear Tom Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 pm

I was fairly certain there was a problem. I tried the factory-default reset, a different, higher-amperage outlet, etc. Bought it used, and supposedly in full working condition, from eBay. They have a 45-day coverage for such things. I'm working with the seller to resolve.

Tin Ear Tom

Back to top Go down

TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks Empty Re: TX-SR805 three clicks upon plugging in; Power/Standby light blinks

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

We are glad you are looking into away to resolve the issue. If you have any other question please ask.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down