Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable

2 posters

Go down

SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable Empty SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable

Post  dading Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi there,

Recently I noticed my SKW-501E active subwoofer wasn't making any sound anymore. The red light still turns blue when I start watching a movie or playing music but no sound comes out. I checked all the cables but only after unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in the subwoofer came back to life. Unfortunately the problem came back the next day and the same solution solved it again. I don't want to be doing this every day so I was hoping if you had any tip that I could try myself without having to send it back to the online retailer I bought it from.

thank you,
Daniel

dading

Back to top Go down

SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable Empty Re: SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

What is the model of your receiver this subwoofer is connected to? Are you able to connect this subwoofer to another receiver to determine if this issue lies with the subwoofer or receiver? We would like more information to further assist you. Please feel free to contact our Product Support department via phone (800-229-1867- 24 hours a day) or via email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com).

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable Empty Re: SKW-501E Subwoofer won't work unless unplugging and plugging back in the power cable

Post  dading Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using the Onkyo TX-NR509 as receiver. I'm afraid I don't have access to another receiver with a subwoofer port. Could I try to use one without a specific subwoofer port and plug it into a normal loudspeaker port?

dading

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:39 pm

You want to disconnect the subwoofer from the back of the receiver and run your finger over the tip of the cable, and you should get some feedback/humming noise. If you do not then there could be an issue with the cable or the subwoofer. If you do get the feedback make sure you plug the cable back into the SUBWOOFER PRE-OUT and than do the Level Calibration for your receiver and see if you get the low level rumble from the subwoofer. If no rumble is present try doing a reset on the receiver. If there is no rumble after doing a reset the unit would then have to go into a local service center to get checked out. To locate an authorized independent service center, check the dealer and service locator at our website: www.onkyousa.com or www.integrahometheater.com.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down