Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections  Empty TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections

Post  KelleyW Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Bought a TX-NR509 last weekend, got it all hooked up except my satellite box, which was out for repairs. Every thing was fine, all connections by HDMI. But when the sat box came back, it's only component (red/white/yellow) so I hooked it up and...nothing. No sound, no picture, nothing. Tried it in every slot. Tried hooking the Roku up using its component connections, same thing. Tried three different cables before I decided it was the Onkyo.
Took it back to Fry's today, got another. (PS, that one and this were fresh factory boxes. I know about Fry's.) Just finished hooking the new one up. Well, the sound comes through the component connection now, but still no picture. Tried it in CBL/SAT and GAME, same result. Using same component cable to connect directly to VIZIO TV and switch that to AV from HDMI1, get picture and sound, so it's not the sat box, and it's not the component cable itself.

WTF? Am I going back to Fry's tomorrow? And should I still get ONKYO? This is my first time with your brand, replacing 10-year-old Sony just because it was old (no HDMI, no BluRay, no iPods), not because any of it failed.

KelleyW

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections  Empty Correction: Composite not Component

Post  KelleyW Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Although I think the manual is wrong, it says (on page 9, item 10) that the red/white/yellow connectors are 'Composite' connectors, and the others are 'Component.' Whatever. I'm talking about the red/white/yellow connections.

KelleyW

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections  Empty Re: TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi KelleyW,

We apologize for the misunderstanding but on page 70 of the manual it states that this unit does not do any kind of video up conversion. So in order for you to get your Satellite box to display video you will need to connect a separate yellow video cable from the monitor out on the back to a yellow video in on your TV.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections  Empty Re: TX-NR509: second one with dead 'compnent' connections

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down