Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up Empty TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up

Post  dennis930 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Since firmware 1141-0108-0400 update, the main HDMI outlet seems to affect power up on my VIZIO M470SL TV. I thought the VIZIO had gone bad, but I discovered that if I disconnect the the HDMI cable from the 515 and power cycle the TV, the TV will turn on without issue. If I plug the HDMI cable back into the 515 (TV & 515 are off) the "VIZIO" emblem turns white (indicating the TV in on but it is not) from amber (TV is off). The TV will power on after this is done with the 515 powered on. If you turn everything off and wait less than an hour, the 515 and TV function normally. But if the 515 is off for more than two hours, the TV will not turn on unless the above mentioned power cycle is done. This appears to be related to the other HDMI main issues reported on this forum, which I do not have. Any ideas to correct his?

HDMI RIHD is off
HDMI through is set to CBL/SAT
Audio TV Out is off
Audio Return CH is off
Network Standby is off
CISCO Explorer 8642 HDC cable box/DVR is connected to CBL/SAT HDMI input 2

dennis930

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up Empty Re: TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up

Post  FlyByNgt Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm

dennis930 wrote:Since firmware 1141-0108-0400 update, the main HDMI outlet seems to affect power up on my VIZIO M470SL TV. I thought the VIZIO had gone bad, but I discovered that if I disconnect the the HDMI cable from the 515 and power cycle the TV, the TV will turn on without issue. If I plug the HDMI cable back into the 515 (TV & 515 are off) the "VIZIO" emblem turns white (indicating the TV in on but it is not) from amber (TV is off). The TV will power on after this is done with the 515 powered on. If you turn everything off and wait less than an hour, the 515 and TV function normally. But if the 515 is off for more than two hours, the TV will not turn on unless the above mentioned power cycle is done. This appears to be related to the other HDMI main issues reported on this forum, which I do not have. Any ideas to correct his?

HDMI RIHD is off
HDMI through is set to CBL/SAT
Audio TV Out is off
Audio Return CH is off
Network Standby is off
CISCO Explorer 8642 HDC cable box/DVR is connected to CBL/SAT HDMI input 2

Hi Dennis930,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an update.

Seasons Greetings. rendeer

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-11-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up Empty Re: TX-NR515 HDMI out prevents VIZIO TV power up

Post  dennis930 Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Ciao,

I have already tried the soft reboot of the 515. But I will try it again.

dennis930

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis930 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 pm

OK, Tried the soft reboot again, but he results are the same. The HDMI main out is somehow affecting the TV power on.

Dennis930

dennis930

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis930 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:27 pm

During the day yesterday I connected the TV directly to the cable box. The TV operated normally. Shut it down and waited several hours. The TV would come back on with no problems. So, Last night I reconnected everything normally and forced a reload of the latest firmware update on the 515. After the update, I watched (cable)TV with the 515 powered up for a couple of hours. Shut everything down to go to bed. I checked to see if the TV would come back on and it did. Shut it off and tried again a few minutes later, and it turned on, so shut it off for the night. One bad sign; the "VIZIO" emblem on the TV was illuminating white like the TV was turned on even though the TV was off. This morning I tried to turn on the TV and it would not come on. Powered cycled the TV and then it would turn on. Then I turned on the 515 and the cable box, but the cable box would not turn on. I had to power cycle the cable box to get it to turn on. So, somehow the 515 HDMI main out is affecting the power on circuits of these components. I guess my 515 is defective.

Dennis930

dennis930

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to further determine if any issue will require your receiver to be further evaluated at an authorized Onkyo service center for warranty servicing.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down