Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 wireless security

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 wireless security Empty TX-NR709 wireless security

Post  craig888 Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 pm

1) I just called Onkyo Tech Support and I was told the receiver cannot push audio to the receiver using Media Player over wireless, only over hardwire. This contradicts about 4 other calls to Onkyo about my problem pushing audio to the receiver. I'm confused, has Onkyo changed their stance and are now saying the a computer can't push audio to the receiver over wireless?
2) What wireless security is the receiver supposed to work with? I have looked in the manual, pg 60, and it has no information on this. I cannot connect using WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (uses AES. another person I contacted online said also didn't work for him). I can connect with WPA-PSK (TKIP) and can pull from the PC but can't push to the receiver. If I disable security or use WEP (10bit tried), I can finally push to the receiver (even though Tech Support says can't be done, see 1 above). But, as WEP is old and so insecure, it really shouldn't be used.

craig888

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 wireless security Empty Re: TX-NR709 wireless security

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi craig888,
I am sorry that you were misinformed. Using our UWF-1 wireless dongle you can stream your music from windows media player for a DLNA to your receiver. Also the wireless adapter works with both WEP and WPA, please make sure your wireless network is visible and not hidden for it to work. Thank you for contacting product support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down