Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I select Pandora channel from android app ?

2 posters

Go down

Can I select Pandora channel from android app ? Empty Can I select Pandora channel from android app ?

Post  tsymons Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm looking to purchase a new receiver, but I want to make sure I can completely controller Pandora from the Android app. I'm considering the TX-NR717.

I don't want to have the TV on at all, and I'd hope I can just select the Pandora channel, then exit the application and the receiver will continue to play that channel until I access it again. Is that how it works ? Or must the TV and/or the app continue running ? Does the app require me to navigate through the TV screen to control Pandora in any way, or can I see everything from the app itself ? Can I also up/down a song from the app ?

I've looked at several videos of the app, but none of them show anything more than listing the internet radio services. Is there maybe one that shows more details about selecting internet radio channels, particularly with Pandora ?

Also, will the app be running in the background, or is it just needed to get the receiver started ? I want to make sure that the phone is not required at all once the receiver is setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

tsymons

Back to top Go down

Can I select Pandora channel from android app ? Empty Pandora

Post  WizzBang Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:02 pm

It works as you stated. You can select your Pandora station and skip songs with the Onkyo remote 2 app. Unfortunately, you can't like or dislike songs from the remote app. If you close the app, it has no effect on the playback.

WizzBang

Back to top Go down

Can I select Pandora channel from android app ? Empty Re: Can I select Pandora channel from android app ?

Post  tsymons Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am

Great to hear. Thanks for the info

tsymons

Back to top Go down

Can I select Pandora channel from android app ? Empty Re: Can I select Pandora channel from android app ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down