Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI Through on the TX-NR609

2 posters

Go down

HDMI Through on the TX-NR609 Empty HDMI Through on the TX-NR609

Post  errolnoble Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm

I am having some issue with the HDMI Through on my TX-NR609 receiver. I am hoping it is just one or two clicks and it is fixed. Before I go on about the issue that I am having, here is a list of my component:

TV - 50" Panasonic ( TC-P50G20 )
Blu-Ray - Panasonic ( DMP-BD65 )
Cable Box - Motorola ( Cox Communications )
Xbox 360

Here is a scenario for you, I have the TV on and everything is working perfectly ( HDMI Through set to AUTO and receiver is OFF/Standby ). I want to start playing my Xbox. I turn the Xbox ON ( there is a pause while it is switching over with the receiver ) then the Audio / Video is coming through the TV as it should be. Here is the problem, I want to watch TV again so I turn the Xbox OFF and turn the Cable Box ON....Nothing happens...No Video / Audio from the Cable Box. I have to turn the receiver ON then change the source from GAME to CBL/SAT then turn the receiver OFF to get Audio / Video to come through my TV again. If I have HDMI Through on AUTO, why won't it change back? It is a pain in the butt to do this every time I want to switch back and forth. Am I just missing a setting / button to push?

Also, do you have any recommended settings for optimal performance? I look forward to any suggestions for the issue at hand or any settings. Thanks

errolnoble

Back to top Go down

HDMI Through on the TX-NR609 Empty Re: HDMI Through on the TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Unfortunately; the HDMI THROUGH feature doesn't operate as you believe in this instance. When selecting AUTO in this submenu option; the receiver will bypass the LAST HDMI input in use BEFORE the receiver was set onto STANDBY mode. This was the reasoning behind removing this option on the newer receivers and just having the LAST option for this submenu feature. Have you also confirmed that this receiver is utilizing the latest firmware update as well?

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  errolnoble Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 pm

I appreciate your reply back. I understand now about the HDMI Through feature. Yes, the receiver has the latest firmware. Do you think it would be better to run all of my components through my TV and use the surround sound as just audio output only? I had a low end surround sound system a few years back and that is how it was hooked up. I was impressed with the features on the TX-NR609 therefore the reason for buying it. I am still happy with the receiver. Any suggestions in the settings to optimize sound quality? Thanks again.

errolnoble

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:52 pm

This is based on personal customer preference; but many we have spoken to have been made aware that HDMI THRU only passes the LAST input selected/in use before the unit was placed on (POWER) STANDBY. As the receiver has the capability of acting as a HDMI switcher when placed on STANDBY and will ONLY pass thru that last inputs signals.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down