HDMI Out has died on the TX-NR609

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HDMI Out has died on the TX-NR609

Post  jackamus on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 am

I have the TX-NR609 which you guys, meaning Onkyo sent me to replace a different model that I only had for 6 months before the HDMI out died on it. Now tonight... The replacement unit has died. I get only audio no picture. I have bypassed the video controller on board, I have did a factory reset. I do not even get the OSD to work. This is crazy. I can officially say I do not want to ever buy any of your products again. It's been nothing but a NIGHTMARE. Now, when the thing did work, it worked great. Great picture and audio. I am highly disappointed. I know I can send this one back to you for repair? But at my cost. I think that is not fair. I have already shipped one back to you, via a authorized repair center and had to pay them $75.00. I am not doing that again. I would like to be contacted by Onkyo to resolve this matter. I also intend to file a complaint with the BBB if this is not handled in a proper and quickly. I read the threads here and else where and NOTHING but HDMI issues? Honestly, what gives? I keep the unit very cool it doesn't get overly hot. Mainly because I place a fan on near the unit to blow cool air on it. But come on guys. 2 units in the space of 12 months. The 2nd one was a replacement for my first defective on. I really expect this company to stand up and take ownership of this issue. Without putting undue hardship on me, the customer. I look forward to hearing from you.... SOON!!

Thanks,
Jack

jackamus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HDMI Out has died on the TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Please provide the following information to this email address to have it further evaluated by the appropriate departments and representatives (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com):

- Name:
- Forum Username/ Handle:
- Address:
- City/State:
- Email:
- Phone:

- Serial Number of receiver:
- Date of receipt for this receiver:
- Detailed information:

Thank You again for your time and cooperation;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jackamus on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:20 am

email has been sent!

jackamus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Enyar on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 am

Did anything come out of this?

Enyar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Please advise if you are still awaiting any correspondence from Onkyo; and I will direct this issue to the appropriate representatives and advise you promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jackamus on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm

[b] I am still waiting to hear from someone who cares about this issue.

jackamus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kaplansa on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 am

jackamus wrote:[b] I am still waiting to hear from someone who cares about this issue.

happened to me on my 809 tonight. has Onkyo been in touch with you? Would be helpful if you could provide an update.

kaplansa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackamus on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Sorry for the delay. I have been corresponding via emails several times in the last few days. Sending the documents and details of the issue. I will update you, as soon as I have more info.

Thanks,
Jack

jackamus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Please review your email regarding this issue; as we can accomodate to having your unit serviced at the regional service center promptly.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaplansa on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Please review your email regarding this issue; as we can accomodate to having your unit serviced at the regional service center promptly.

Forum Moderator

Are you referring to my post Mr. Moderator, or someone else's? I checked my email, including bulk and spam folders and my inbox on this forum too. I haven't received any emails from you. I would certainly be interested in a local regional repair site,maybe...

kaplansa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am

kaplansa wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:Please review your email regarding this issue; as we can accomodate to having your unit serviced at the regional service center promptly.

Forum Moderator

Are you referring to my post Mr. Moderator, or someone else's? I checked my email, including bulk and spam folders and my inbox on this forum too. I haven't received any emails from you. I would certainly be interested in a local regional repair site,maybe...

I was referring to another forum user, but I would also like to assist you as well. Please send the following information to the following email address for further evaluation and assistance: (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com)

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaplansa on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:10 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:
kaplansa wrote:

Forum Moderator

I was referring to another forum user, but I would also like to assist you as well. Please send the following information to the following email address for further evaluation and assistance: ()

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

I did. I've sent you this info twice. I feel like we're going around in circles. This isn't making me appreciate my purchase...

kaplansa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 pm

I have forwarded your correspondence to the appropriate Parts & Services representative and they have already responded to you promptly. Please review your email for this correspondence.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top