Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any progress with a new firmware update?

2 posters

Go down

Any progress with a new firmware update? Empty Any progress with a new firmware update?

Post  tkx1138 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Since updating the firmware on my tx-nr616 on July 1st, I'm still dealing with no hdmi output after long periods of shutdown with either standby on or off. Also, I have to turn off the receiver from remote (Onkyo & Logitech) twice before the receiver remains off (this as result of the latest firmware 1110-8106-0300).

While these are annoying to me, it is a real pain for the rest of my family who simply want to sit down, press a button and enjoy some TV viewing. All I'm hearing is "when is this going to be fixed?", "how much longer?" and so on.

So, Onkyo, I in turn am posing these questions to you. As a paying customer of an Onkyo product, who is trying VERY hard not to return your product, can I get some type of progress report for the next firmware release, a ballpark ETA/timeframe or simply not for the next x amount of days or weeks?

I don't think that just not saying nothing at all is good business practice, because you're not only leaving us (your customers) with no idea of how much longer me and my family will have to deal with issues that shouldn't exist out of the box, but basically we're being held hostage by our faulty product with no certainty if I should return it to the store before that option is gone and I'm forever stuck with said faulty product.

tkx1138

Back to top Go down

Any progress with a new firmware update? Empty I agree!! What about the "No video signal" problem?

Post  mgause Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am

The "no video signal" problem is alive and well. Onkyo seems to have dropped the ball on this one. When can we expect a firmware update on this problem? Unplugging a receiver to reset it is not a solution.

tkx1138 wrote:Since updating the firmware on my tx-nr616 on July 1st, I'm still dealing with no hdmi output after long periods of shutdown with either standby on or off. Also, I have to turn off the receiver from remote (Onkyo & Logitech) twice before the receiver remains off (this as result of the latest firmware 1110-8106-0300).

While these are annoying to me, it is a real pain for the rest of my family who simply want to sit down, press a button and enjoy some TV viewing. All I'm hearing is "when is this going to be fixed?", "how much longer?" and so on.

So, Onkyo, I in turn am posing these questions to you. As a paying customer of an Onkyo product, who is trying VERY hard not to return your product, can I get some type of progress report for the next firmware release, a ballpark ETA/timeframe or simply not for the next x amount of days or weeks?

I don't think that just not saying nothing at all is good business practice, because you're not only leaving us (your customers) with no idea of how much longer me and my family will have to deal with issues that shouldn't exist out of the box, but basically we're being held hostage by our faulty product with no certainty if I should return it to the store before that option is gone and I'm forever stuck with said faulty product.

mgause

Back to top Go down