Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement

2 posters

Go down

PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement Empty PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement

Post  caryspx Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I have an out of warranty PR-SC5507P that will require an HDMI board replacement, total cost about $400. It is at United Radio (Onkyo recommended repair site) at this time. I understand that this is out of warranty but it is fairly obvious that there is an issue with these boards. This is a fairly recent model and was very expensive when it was new. I've contacted the Onkyo customer support number and was told that this model does not have any issues.
I have an ancient Onkyo receiver, a TX-6500 MK II that I purchased new that is still fully functional and in use today (circa 1981) and has never required repair. This is a model that does not have any issues. There are definitely issues with Onkyo HDMI boards in late model receivers and pre/pros.
I don't expect a new unit, but it would be reasonable to provide some sort of support for a pretty new product with a history of HDMI failures. Something like a discounted/or comped updated HDMI board would be reasonable and I'll cover the labor. To be fair, the agent did offer some sort of discount on shoponkyo if I shipped the broken unit to them, but there is no equivalent product (preamp/ processor) offered.
Even looking at a TX-NR1009 (which has amps I don't want or need) the offer would double by out of pocket expense for this.
I'd appreciate some support but don't know how to proceed.
Regards,
Cary

Last edited by caryspx on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

caryspx

Back to top Go down

PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement Empty Re: PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. Please also complete the CUSTOMER STATEMENT form and submit back to our Parts & Services department and to the service center you will be instructed to have documentation of the issue(s) you are experiencing for servicing.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement Empty Re: PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement

Post  caryspx Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I spoke to customer service today and they seemed pretty sympathetic to my situation.
I'm hopeful that they can help me out at this time.

caryspx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Glad to hear a Parts & Services representative was hear to initially assist with this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns; please contact them Monday- Friday during normal business hours (9am- 5pm EST) at 201-785-2600, option # 4.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  caryspx Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 pm

I understand that both Onkyo in NJ and I were affected by the recent storm. This did impact the timeline for a response.
The process has appeared to have stalled and its been about a month. I'd like to have this resolved if possible.
Regards,
Cary

caryspx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm

I will follow up with this issue promptly- Please send the following information to the email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and to the attention of FORUM MODERATOR. Please include the following information:

- NAME:
-FORUM USERNAME/ HANDLE:
- ADDRESS:
- CITY/STATE:
- ZIP CODE:
- EMAIL:
- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- MODEL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- DEALER OF PURCHASE:
- DATE OF PURCHASE:
- (if applicable) NAME OF ONKYO SERVICE CENTER FOR PREVIOUS REPAIR:
- (if applicable) SERVICE TICKET NUMBER:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

PR-SC5507P - No Sound - Out of Warranty - Needs HDMI board replacement Empty Thank You

Post  caryspx Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I was informed today that Onkyo would cover the HDMI repair. I'd like to thank everyone involved. It's nice Onkyo stands behind their products in this way and I appreciate it.

People considering purchasing a high end Onkyo separate should take note, this support goes beyond what is typically experienced. Not everyone has these sorts of issues, but failures do occur and they sell a high volume of high end equipment. They did not abandon me and I will be inclined to purchase and recommend Onkyo products in the future (as I have in the past).

Regards,
Cary

Last edited by caryspx on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : format and add to it)

caryspx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:29 pm

That's awesome; thank you for your feedback and acknowledgement- and we are glad to read this has been resolved by our Parts & Services department. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down