Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video Empty TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video

Post  gardavis Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I bought a Wii to HDMI 720P / 1080P HD Output Upscaling Converter (Amazon) for my WII game so I could connect it to my HDTV via the receiver HDMI input.

The audio from the WII plays but there is no video singnal to the TV. Connecting the cable directly to the TV shows the video.

Thanks,
Gary Davis

gardavis

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video Empty Re: TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Gary,
Unfortunately, the 509 does not up convert video singal. The models 609 or higher are the only ones that do. Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video Empty Re: TX-NR509 - Problem connecting WII via HDMI converter - audio ok but no video

Post  gardavis Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:15 pm

I tried connecting the Wii via the converter directly to the TV (not even using the receiver) and it displayed no signal on one TV and worked OK on another. I returned it and bought another brand (ViewHD) which did work through the receiver.

So now I am able to click on GAME on the remote and view my Wii on my HDTV using only HDMI cables.

Note that your reply seemed to be thinking I was expecting the receiver to do the upscaling which really was not the case. The upscaling was done by the device so by the time the signal got to the receiver, it was already upscaled and HDMI.

Thanks,
Gary

gardavis

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Gary,
We are glad you were able to correct the issue you were having. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down