Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony Remote and Onkyo 809’s (plus probable others) discrete code adaptation.

2 posters

Go down

Harmony Remote and Onkyo 809’s (plus probable others) discrete code adaptation. Empty Harmony Remote and Onkyo 809’s (plus probable others) discrete code adaptation.

Post  d6500k Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 am

Well, this one was for what I assumed to be a very simple remote protocol; I wanted to have a “one button” press for Onkyo’s “Pure Direct” audio format. There is no button for “Pure Direct” on the original remote nor one in the Harmony database when dialed in for a TX-NR809.

So here is the fix….

Set up your Harmony for a TX-NR 906 AVR in the Harmony database. The discrete codes for “pure direct” (and some other yummy single button toggles) are all there. Delete your current Onkyo AVR device from the “device” location and keep your original TX-NR xxx remote handy. Use the 906 as your AVR to setup all “activities”. Then use your original remote to “teach” the harmony whatever codes that are not available in the 906 data (as it is a few years old). Ergo, you can have something of the best of both worlds. Definitive “one touch” buttons when in the activity or device screens that are not available any other way.
There may well be “pronto type hex codes” available, but I’m not sure that you could use those unless you sent them to Harmony (Logitech) whereby, they would then download them to your remotes setup page. IMO, a much longer wait when instant gratification is more fun.

Anyway, I have found that “pure Direct” was/is something that I desired to have at my fingertips with less than a “texting procedure” to initiate. Now I have it plus a toggle for just “stereo” and “all channel stereo” and ….. more. If you’ve a Harmony and an Onkyo TX-NRxxx AVR, give this a play.

Doug k

d6500k

http://www.6500kcalibrations.com

Back to top Go down

Harmony Remote and Onkyo 809’s (plus probable others) discrete code adaptation. Empty Re: Harmony Remote and Onkyo 809’s (plus probable others) discrete code adaptation.

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

IR codes were emailed to you; as per your PM.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down