Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote 2 issues with NET

4 posters

Go down

Remote 2 issues with NET  Empty Remote 2 issues with NET

Post  Txtimo Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm

I have a TX-NR509 which I've trying to control via IPAD. The Onkyo Remote app worked fine, but wouldn't control my Zone 2. Onkyo Remote 2 turns Zone 2 on/off, but doesn't connect to the Network resources (I.e., I can't change Internet radio stations). It has been a pain to go back and forth between the two apps. Any suggestions on how to get the Network resources functionality to work in Remote 2?

Txtimo

Back to top Go down

Remote 2 issues with NET  Empty Re: Remote 2 issues with NET

Post  hirez24 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm

I have posted about this very problem before on this forum. This is my number one problem with this receiver.( Besides a less then stellar network performance in general.)

It may as well not have zone two. With out allowing control of net functions from OnkyoRemote while in zone two the app and the receiver are useless. Had I known about this limitation before or 30 days after purchase I would of returned it to the store. I suppose if enough people complain they might do something about it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A shame really because this is my 3rd ONKYO receiver and up until now I have been 100% satisfied. I didn't even look at other brands when I wanted to replace my 805 I went straight for the ONKYO.(best receiver I ever owned by the way, blows this new 809 out of the water) As a matter of fact the only usable feature for me on the 809 compared to the 805 is the passing of 3d and more HDMI inputs. I will be sure to do my homework next time.

hirez24

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hirez24 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Put me on a conference call with the guy or gal who wrote the firmware and the guy or gal who wrote OnkyRemote for android and I might be able to straighten out this whole mess. But seriously I will call product support ,What is it that I have to say to get escalated to the guys that don't read of scripts. No offense but this is not a support issue but a design flaw issue.

hirez24

Back to top Go down

Remote 2 issues with NET  Empty Quick workaround to zone 2 net issue

Post  greenacreskevin Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I find that if I have my main zone on I can select whatever internet radio I want ie. pandora & then when I turn on my zone 2 with net selected it will play my pandora. You can then mute the main zone & control it from the main zone & listen to it on zone 2

greenacreskevin

Back to top Go down

Post  hirez24 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 am

greenacreskevin wrote:I find that if I have my main zone on I can select whatever internet radio I want ie. pandora & then when I turn on my zone 2 with net selected it will play my pandora. You can then mute the main zone & control it from the main zone & listen to it on zone 2

I appreciate the tip and I have actually used that work around a in the past , but if someone is using zone one to say watch tv, bluray or anything else for that matter you would have to disturb that users experience to queue up your media. So while what you prescribe works it is not the functionality I was expecting from a very sophisticated piece of equipment.

hirez24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down