Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTR-6 (Purchased in 2000) digital input to RCA out

2 posters

Go down

DTR-6 (Purchased in 2000) digital input to RCA out Empty DTR-6 (Purchased in 2000) digital input to RCA out

Post  onkyouser Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I have a DTR-6 (purchased in 2000) that runs the surround system for my home theater. It receives audio from my TV via optical digital connection (OPT 1). This is assigned to Video 1.

We just got a Sonos Connect and would like to connect an output of the receiver its RCA Line In. This way, whatever is being played on the TV can be distributed to any of the Sonos zones. (A nicety if you are watching the TV from the kitchen...)

I can't seem to find a way to make this work. I've tried pre-amp out, record out, and video 1 out. None seem to be passing audio coming from the TV. I'm about to get a converter to take the currently unused Speaker B outputs and convert them to RCA, but would rather pull it from an output designed for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

onkyouser

Back to top Go down

DTR-6 (Purchased in 2000) digital input to RCA out Empty Re: DTR-6 (Purchased in 2000) digital input to RCA out

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:33 pm

In regards to your issue; the DTR 6 will not downconvert the audio signal from digital to analog. Since you are using a digital audio connection into the receiver- you will only be able to get the audio via the DIGITAL OPTICAL OUT terminal. If you are seeking to use the RCA analog output from the receiver onto your SONOS, you will need to use an ANALOG connection from your TV into the receiver. Then you can use the RCA ANALOG audio output terminals to connect onto your SONOS.

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down