Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises Empty Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises

Post  shanekc Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm

My Onkyo HTR-390 receiver stopped working for the second time at the end of June 2012. It previously had to have an HDMI board replaced in July 2011 and never worked correctly again. I sent it in to an authorized repair center and they indicated the HDMI board would have to be replaced. Then they told me the part would be back-ordered until this October. This was unacceptable to me because I didn't want to wait 2 months to get my receiver back that would probably break again. The service company tried to get Onkyo to send me a replacement unit so that I could have the surround sound receiver I paid for. I waited for approximately a week to hear back from them. When I called the service company, it was suggested that I call Onkyo directly, which I did. I called 201-785-2600 on August 1 2012 and was told that Onkyo would contact the service company and ask the service company to send them my receiver. When Onkyo would receive my receiver, they were then supposed to send me a replacement unit that was equal or comparable.

It is now August 20, and I haven't heard or received a thing from Onkyo. I have called Onkyo's support line (201-785-2600) and have registered for a call-back and have not received a call-back. I am very angry about this flagrant violation of customer trust and would like to hear from a live person at Onkyo explaining what is taking so long.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises Empty Re: Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Please reply back with the following information via email so we can further research this issue (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com):

Name:
Email: (for your previous correspondence)
Serial Number:
Service Center:

We apologize for the issue you are experiencing and will need to further research on the availability of the part(s) in question.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises Empty Re: Onkyo Receiver Stopped Working...Backordered Parts...Broken Promises

Post  shanekc Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I have supplied the requested information to the email above along with my phone number. I would appreciate it if this situation would be resolved quickly as I have been without my receiver for almost 2 months.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Please review the email sent to you regarding this issue; the replacement parts have been shipped from our facility to the regional service center (ABL CORP.) and should arrive within this week. We will further follow up to confirm receipt of the HDMI boards and the commencement of your service repair. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for your time, patience, and cooperation with this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanekc Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Thank you for the reply. However it is not helpful for several reasons.

- I have not received a reply email as you mentioned in your post (yes I have checked my spam emails).

- Also I was told that my receiver would be replaced if the service center sent the receiver back to Onkyo. Onkyo contacted ABL corp themselves and requested the receiver be sent back to Onkyo on Aug 1 2011 (I received a phone call from ABL confirming this) ABL sent the receiver back to Onkyo on August 6 2011 (exchange number RP73945). For this reason sending the replacement parts to ABL would not allow the repair to begin because the receiver is in an Onkyo facility waiting exchange.

Where is my replacement receiver that I was promised? That is the answer nobody is able to give me.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Ok - upon that revelation and contact with ABL CORP; we are obtaining a copy of your sales receipt/ bill of sale so we can further process and work on the shipment and replacement of your HT-S3400 unit with a newer unit. I will be contacting you shortly regarding this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanekc Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have sent a copy of the original sales receipt for the surround sound via email. Please let me know of the status of this issue and when I can expect to receive my replacement unit.

Thanks

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 pm

It will be shipped later today; I will send the tracking number- when available via email to you for tracking purposes.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanekc Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will be awaiting the tracking number and shipment confirmation this afternoon.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  shanekc Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Have you made any progress on finding out the tracking number for the replacement receiver?

Thanks.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Wow.. took awhile to locate this.. but I will send this information via PM.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanekc Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank you for the help. It is appreciated.

shanekc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:16 pm

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum. We hope you enjoy your new HTiB unit (HT-S5500).

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down