Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW.

2 posters

Go down

"Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW. Empty "Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW.

Post  ironchef3500 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:03 am

So I have the dreaded HDMI issued that all damn Onkyo receivers seem to have for the last few years.

Let us be very clear here everyone. ONKYO SOLD US FAULTY UNITS. PERIOD. As you can clearly see ALL over the internet these Onkyo receives all have HDMI issues.

They agreed to fix my unit at no cost. It was sent to a repair shop and was done a week later. (I had to drive over three hours)

Well guess what!! I plug the unit back in and it had the same problem, HDMI handshake takes forever to work, if at all.

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE from a major "high end" company like Onkyo. When I spent nearly 700 dollars on this unit it was supposed to be problem free. Well guess what Onkyo, you sold me a lemon and I will not drink the lemonade anymore.

I want this unit replaced with a newer similar model or one as close to my TX SR806 as possible. And I want it done now.

I will not accept another HDMI board replacement as this one was still broken IMMEDIATELY after it was fixed. I did not buy a "higher end" brand to be treated like this. I could have bought a denon or pioneer or a dozen other brands. I did not. I bought Onkyo believing I was getting QUALITY.

Onkyo did not sell me a quality product. It was broken in the box.

If I do not get a positive reply from Onkyo I will be going to the better business bureau and will not stop posting on here and other places telling everyone how Onkyo does not stand by their products. When any other major company has a MAJOR defect with their product lines they do a recall. Onkyo for some reason is not. This is most definitely a recall worthy issue as it is happening to us all.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE REPAIR SHOP. NOTHING BUT ROWS AND ROWS OF ONKYO RECEIVERS WITH THE SAME ISSUE. I AM TALKING DOZENS.

Onkyo please restore my faith in your brand and you as a company.

Excerpt from my original email to Onkyo.

_________

I attached several other people with the exact same issue. It is in no way AT ALL limited to one model. Do a Google search for ‘Onlyo HDMI’ you will find page after page after page of people all complaining of the EXACT same issue. Seems Onkyo used some bad/faulty capacitors for the HDMI board. As is a widely known issue with Onkyo receives I feel Onkyo should replace the HDMI board that Onkyo incorrectly made. I spent a large amount of money on what I was told was an excellent receiver. I don’t want to, but will call the better business bureau and join the large amount of dis-satisfied customers.

Links with the issue on MULTIPLE models:

1. http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definition-receivers-recorders-players-tivos/106255-onkyo-tx-sr606-hdmi-switching-headache-14.html
2. 806 is mentioned on this page as well http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Onkyo
3. And here http://www.fixya.com/support/p1337209-onkyo_tx_sr806_7_1_channels_receiver
4. And here http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definition-receivers-recorders-players-tivos/125173-onkyo-sr806-problems-same-sr606.html
I can go on and on, but as you can see this is clearly a problem cause by Onkyo, not the customer.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

"Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW. Empty Re: "Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW.

Post  Semp1 Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:15 am

Add me to the same batch with my 707 having the faulty issue. Onkyo repairing it. Then stating it was out of warranty after it broke again. Still not even 3 years old and it broke before it was 2 years old. I have since bought a Denon but have a 709 in the living room that i bet will break too. Why hasn't a class action suit been started yet. They should be required to recall al faulty products and replace them at their expense. When Microsoft sold faulty 360's they continuously corrected their wrong and replaced them, over and over. Onkyo's got to accept their mistake and fix it, or a class action suit should be filed. Oh and by the way Onkyo seems not to care about these posts. They probably will not respond since they do not support customers out of warranty for issues created by their own quality control.

Semp1

Back to top Go down

"Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW. Empty Re: "Repaired" TX SR806 Still not working,I AM DONE MESSING AROUND WITH THIS. I WANT THIS UNIT REPLACED NOW.

Post  ironchef3500 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I am not going away Onkyo.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  ironchef3500 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 pm

I am still waiting on an answer or a pm here onkyo!!

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  ironchef3500 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Why does Onkyo hate their customers? What did we do except want a unit free of defects!

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down