ARC not working tx-sr313

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ARC not working tx-sr313

Post  hansvdb on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Just installed the unit to my new LG 3d with ARC hdmi connections. We get setup video on the tv screen but no sound returning to receiver from tv. All new approved HDMI cables. I have gone over every setting in the manual 4 times or more, nada. This forum indicates a plethera of hdmi issues, is this another one? I am going to pickup a toslink to try on monday, but I paid for the ARC feature in this receiver, and may have to return it to Newegg if it is not fully functional and get the Sony instead.

hansvdb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Arc not working on 313 unit

Post  hansvdb on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 am

I do have sound from the tv with the toslink connected, but still annoyed that the unit has not full functionality that was paid for. Will wait another week for ANY feedback before RMA.

hansvdb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARC not working tx-sr313

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,

Audio Return Channel (ARC) function enables an HDMI capable TV to send the audio stream to the HDMI OUT of
the AV receiver. This function can be used when:

– Your TV is ARC capable, and
– The TV/CD input selector is selected
– “HDMI Ctrl (RIHD)” is set to “On”
– “Audio Return Ch (ARC)” is set to “Auto”

If you are still not able to get sound via the ARC channel please contact our Product Support Department at 800-229-1687, they are here from Monday to Sunday 24/7.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

no usful info?

Post  hansvdb on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi,

Audio Return Channel (ARC) function enables an HDMI capable TV to send the audio stream to the HDMI OUT of
the AV receiver. This function can be used when:

– Your TV is ARC capable, and
– The TV/CD input selector is selected
– “HDMI Ctrl (RIHD)” is set to “On”
– “Audio Return Ch (ARC)” is set to “Auto”

If you are still not able to get sound via the ARC channel please contact our Product Support Department at 800-229-1687, they are here from Monday to Sunday 24/7.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator

As I stated I had done all of that stuff 3 or more times turning them on and off. I refuse to waste hours on a offshore phone tree trying to understand someone who reads from a script and does not understand english,to just to find out I need to pay to send it somewhere for a repair that this forum seems to indicate is useless. If you cannot offer a fix on this forum , you just need to shut it down.

hansvdb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi,

I am sorry that you feel that you would be wasting your time. Please note that we can arrange for a technical representative to give you a call back when you are by your unit to try some troubleshooting. Unlinke other companies we are not scripted so I am unsure as to your remarks. We are here to help you 24/7 but we would like to speak with you in order to come up with a solution for your issue as there are no known issues with this model and the ARC not working. As stated before please contact our Product Support Team for further assistance or indicate a time we can call you so that we may be able to better assist you

Thanks

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top