Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues Empty TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues

Post  ehuetten Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 am

I just purchased the TX-NR616 and have an issue with getting sound to play through my speakers. I can't hear anything until I turn up the volume to level 30 or higher. Below are the steps I've already taken to try to correct this issue:
- Reset the receiver via CBL/SAT & Stand-by buttons
- I've tried all input sources (FM, AM, BluRay, Cable) with same results...all inputs/outputs are connected via HDMI cables.
- I've tried different HDMI cables that work on my other TV
- I've downloaded/installed the latest Firmware upgrade
- I've double-checked speaker wiring for correct polarity
- I've connected speaker wiring to my old AV Receiver and get sound via speakers at level 2+
- I've confirmed that MUTE is off.
- I've plugged in headphones and get the same results.
- I've attempted to use the Audessy speaker calibration (both Quick & Full options) and consistently get an error message that it can't find my speakers ... yet I'm able to hear the calibration tones in all 5 speakers as it attempts to detect them.
- I've tried manually configuring the speaker options via the SETUP.
- When I select the HDMI SETUP option to direct all sound to the TV, I’m able to get sound from all input sources at lower sound levels (ie. level 2-10).

Is there anything else I can try before I return this AV Receiver?

ehuetten

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues Empty Re: TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues

Post  tkx1138 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 am

Based on my experience before I returned mine a couple of days ago, the volume setting is typical. I would dial up to about 40-42 before I got decent volume for a 16'x18' room. I recall others on this forum mentioning the same.

tkx1138

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues Empty Re: TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Hi ehuetten,

This is normal for our receiver to be at that volume level to hear any audio but there are a couple of things you can do to get the audio louder. First you can increase the level calibration by going into setup then speaker setup then level calibration. Second you can increase the actual source volume by increasing the intellivolume, this is done by going into setup then source setup then intellivolume and select the source you want the volume to be increased on.
Also in a 5.1 setup like you have are you connecting the rear speakers to the surround left and right or the surround back left and right because in your setup they must be connected the surround left and right.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - sound from speaker issues Empty volume

Post  MusicLover Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 am

Currently, i am only using 2 speakers (Front Left, Front Right) until the firmware issues get fixed....

so it is "normal" I have to turn volume up to 60 to hear TV? (HDMI from Tivo (Cable))

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down