Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 Issues Perhaps More Widely Known?

Go down

TX-NR616 Issues Perhaps More Widely Known? Empty TX-NR616 Issues Perhaps More Widely Known?

Post  tkx1138 Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am

Hmmmm. I just discovered something I found interesting. After purchasing my TX-NR616 at a local megastore on June 29th, I received an email invite from the store to place a customer review based on the product and purchase experience. I of course submitted my review several days ago on their website and I just checked to see if it got posted and guess what? This model is no longer listed on their website. 414, 515, 818 is listed, but no 616 anymore. Usually, they discontinue a product either because of poor sales, old/discontinued product or they are aware that there are issues with this particular model. I'm discounting old/discontinued, after all this is a 2012 model, right? I'm also discounting poor sales as for the price, it is hard to ignore the fact this is a THX Select 2 certified system for a decent cost. Unless of course, poor sales have been attributed to many returns based on the continuously ongoing and unresolved problems with this model and the store was aware of this and thus removed it their selection.

Just to quickly sum up my continuing issues with the 616, after installing the 6-26 firmware update and verifying both the complete message and the rev. 1110-8106-0300, it doesn't matter if the Network Standby is either on or off, I still get no video after the unit is off for several hours until I pull the power plug. And after the update, I now have to power the system off twice to keep it off.

Sigh...

Last edited by tkx1138 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled words)

tkx1138

Back to top Go down