Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing music using DLNA

+6
jwjiv
iamgoinbiking
gshori19
mast76
OnkyoUSA
jpdegroat
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 3 Empty Re: Playing music using DLNA

Post  Gi-Force Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Sir,
Same thing happened here.
I have a TX-NR609 working with Windows 7 Media-Player as DLNA server.
Suddenly the DLNA server connection lost after a 20 minutes. Also it is lost in his (Onkyo) list of DLNA servers. Going up in the menu and re-entering the list of DLNA severs the Media-Player was visible again. I had nothing changed at my sub-network. After three day of searching and experimenting I found this threat. Wundering where Windows Firewall stops/enables UPnP packets I found out that Symantec Endpoint Protection had took over the Firewall of Windows. Stopping Symantec and activating Windows Firewall again solved this problem. PLZ put this issue in your updates. I don’t think Onkyo wants to open Firewalls (security) more as necessary while initializing seems enough for the first 20 minutes. PLZ let the Onkyo send a keep alive packet after a minute of 5 or maybe there is an other much better solution. Anyway I am grateful with this thread.
Regards

Gi-Force

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Gi-Force,

Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ccschoch Fri May 11, 2012 9:20 am

I am SOOO glad I found this thread. I will give this a try tonight!!! I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 and I am experiencing the same issue. The WEIRD thing is, I've only recently begun this oddity. I have had my unit for 9 months with no issues. The problem didn't occur until I had to do a firmware update on my TX-NR809. THe last firmware update I had prior was when I first bought the unit in October.

SO, that leads me to believe that it's something in the firmware updates between Oct'11 and Mar'12 (the one I just downloaded).

Again, THANKS for this thread!!!!

ccschoch

Back to top Go down

Post  BenAU Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 am

I am having the exact same problem, have been searching for months and this is the closest thing I can find to a potential solution... I just don't know how to apply it!

I have an Onkyo TX-NR579.
I am running Serviio on Win7 XP 64bit currently, however I have used Mezzmo, Twonky and Windows Media Server. (same problem with all of them)
My router is a Belkin Surf, everything is connected with cat5e leads, no wireless.

I press NET on my remote
I select DLNA
Select Serviio
Browse through the media library
Play a track
(Track then begins and a display of its information/album art appears)

Then after a minute or two, the display goes back to the DLNA home screen where I originally selected the Serviio server... however no servers are listed.
The track keeps playing until the end, but does not continue to play other tracks in its folder.
To reconnect to the server I have to press the "Net" button on my remote and start the whole process over again. Very annoying when it happens every single track!

So I'm keen to try this firewall option, however I don't use Mcaffee... I just use the standard windows firewall.
Can anyone advise me how I can specifically open up a hole for DLNA but not disable the whole firewall?

P.S. Onkyo, in the last 10 months have you made any progress with this?

BenAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3