Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing music using DLNA

+6
jwjiv
iamgoinbiking
gshori19
mast76
OnkyoUSA
jpdegroat
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing music using DLNA

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

Please understand we are working on this as diligently as we possibly can we should have an answer for you either later on today or early next week. We thank you for your patience..
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 pm

No problem. I was just looking for an update to let me know it was still being worked on. Thanks.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

Do you know if your windows ultimate computer has a power time out feature turned on or off and if it is turned on what is this set to?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:43 pm

There are many settings related to the power. Basically, I have it set to never go to sleep or power down. The computer is on 24X7. The only thing that comes on is screen saver and the display on the screen shuts off. Just as a note, I have a similar setup in my theater room with Marantz receiver and LG Blue Ray player. The LG is hooked to my home network and I use it to play music from my computer in the exact same way I am trying to use the Onkyo. Both utilizing DLNA. The LG plays continuously without stopping. The Onkyo loses connection at the 15 minute mark. Some kind of setting in the receiver is losing connection.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

There is nothing in the receiver that times out at exactly 15 minutes as the receivers are basically like a dumb terminal. The question is how old is your marantz and what kind of internal software does it have to allow it play your music non stop without interruption? We have tested your setup here in our lab and it plays without stopping, it only stops when we have the power setting in our computer set to 15 minutes.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

The Marantz receiver and LG blue ray player were purchased at the same time from the same dealer as the Onkyo. I believe the difference in your lab setup could have to do with different routers and switches than what I am using. Another person mentioned in this same thread that he believes the problem is related to the router sending a request to the receiver asking if the connection is still needed and the Onkyo not responding. Since the LG player is on the same network behind the same router as the Onkyo and it works with no problem, I would agree that the Onkyo is doing something different that is causing it to drop the connection. Could you duplicate the setup in your lab with a router/hub/switch that attempts to conserve bandwidth/energy and see how the Onkyo performs in that condition?

Thank you.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

I will check with our IT person and see if he can set that up, keep in mind that I can not guarantee it but I can certainly give it try. I will let you know the outcome either way. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

Our IT person will need to know what make and model number of the router you have along with any other hubs or switches you may have in the loop. This will help us to resolve your issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm

My internet comes into a device made by 2Wire, Inc. Model number 3801HGV. From there, one of the ports leads to a TrendNet 5 port plug and play gigabit switch. Model number TEG-S50g. My Onkyo receiver is hooked directly from that. Please keep me updated. Thanks.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

Hi jpdegroat,

Thank you for this information it will certainly help in our resolution of your issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Another piece of information. I replaced the Trendnet switch with a completely different device to see if that had any effect. The same problem still existed. So we can eliminate that as part of the problem. Still seems to be pointing to something in the receiver although I know you said you cannot duplicate the problem. If I didn't have it working just fine on another device with the same network setup, I would point to another problem but it only exists with the Onkyo.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdegroat Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Good news. I believe I have identified the culprit through testing a number of different things. It appears that one of the McAfee products on my computer is somehow affecting it. I narrowed it down to the personal firewall specifically. I am running McAfee version 12, build 12.0.345. When I disable the firewall, I have successfully tested a couple of times. I will run some more just to confirm.

I still don't understand why this would affect the Onkyo and not my other setup. I have never done any configuration or advanced setup to the firewall. It is right out of the box. Do you all know of configuration or settings within that could be causing the problem? Perhaps I could modify the setting and still continue to use the firewall. Thanks again.

jpdegroat

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi jpdegroat,

Glad you found an answer to your issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 2 Empty Delete DLNA Settings from Onkyo-TX-609

Post  gshori19 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I configured a DLNA settings in my 609 onlyo receiver and connected my PC. But Now I am not able to delete the PC under the DLNA settings as I need to configure different PC server. Please let me know how to deleted the DLNA settings.

gshori19

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi gshori19,

Unfortunately the manual does not say how you can delete DLNA settings other then a complete reset of the receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iamgoinbiking Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 pm

jpdegroat wrote:Good news. I believe I have identified the culprit through testing a number of different things. It appears that one of the McAfee products on my computer is somehow affecting it. I narrowed it down to the personal firewall specifically. I am running McAfee version 12, build 12.0.345. When I disable the firewall, I have successfully tested a couple of times. I will run some more just to confirm.

I still don't understand why this would affect the Onkyo and not my other setup. I have never done any configuration or advanced setup to the firewall. It is right out of the box. Do you all know of configuration or settings within that could be causing the problem? Perhaps I could modify the setting and still continue to use the firewall. Thanks again.

Here is a link to Mcafee site that provides a solution to this issue without disabling the firewall. I had the same problem. My BD player was able to handle DLNA but the Onkyo kept dropping the connection. After I changed the firewall setting Onkyo stopped dropping connection.
The suggestion from McAfee is to go to the firewall setting and open the port to all PCs. Here is the link
service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100887

iamgoinbiking

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi iamgoinbiking,

Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 2 Empty Need help with Mcafee and Onkyo

Post  jwjiv Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 am

I hope someone will be able to help. I've posted in other forums and have been trying unsucessfully to fix this issue. I'm having the same problem the previous poster was and that is that using the DLNA feature on the onkyo, after a few minutes the connection is lost. It is due to the mcafee firewall. When I turn off this firewall I can stream all day. The interesting thing is that I have a sony blu ray that can connect to my pc through the wifi and it NEVER loses the connection when streatming even with the mcafee firewall on.

Can someone help me figure out how to setup my mcafee firewall to allow the onkyo a constant connection? I read the link to mcafee but I'm not sure what port to allow all pc's to access. any help would be appreciated.

jwjiv

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi jwjiv,

Please keep us posted on this as it may help others with this issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 2 Empty McAfee Firewall

Post  westdc Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Try This.

I found My Issue - It is with my local firewall setting - To test - disable the firewall on any PC you are connecting to - if the connection does not drop then look into your McAfee firewall settings.

Double-click the M icon.
Click Web and Email Protection drawer.
Click Firewall.
Within the Firewall menu click the Ports and System Services drawer.

When That Opens --Click the Bar that says- Universal plug and play ports -Then Click edit - the go to the drop down window and change it to "all PC"S"

Click Save

Your Onkyo will no longer drop it's connection.

westdc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi westdc,
Thank you for your suggestion and assisting with the thread! Smile
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jwjiv Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

I will take a look at this setting either at lunch if i go home or this evening after work and will report back if it was a success or not. Stay tuned.

jwjiv

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi jwjiv,

Please keep us posted on this. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Playing music using DLNA - Page 2 Empty Solution!

Post  jwjiv Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 pm

I promised to report back and I am happy to say that the solution posted by westdc worked flawlessly! Thank you so much for finding this and posting. I've posted here, Mcafee, and other forums over the last few months and did some tinkering on my own and could never figure out how to get this to work right. A simple setting.....changing the plug and play port configu to All Pcs did the trick! I streamed music for the entire lunch hour (and a half!) without one interuption.

I'd ask Onkyo to include this in an FAQ or have the tech support staff ready with this fix as I'm sure there are many people running mcafee firewall that have this issue.

jwjiv

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi jwjiv,
Great! We are glad that worked out for you. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.

Hi again westdc,
Thank you for finding this solution.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next