Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible?

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible? Empty Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible?

Post  isupes83 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I have an onkyo AVR (HT-S8400 HTIB not sure the exact model number on the reciever itself) connected to Samsungs new pne8000 plasma. Both the TV and the AVR have ARC functions enabled. 1.4 HDMI with ethernet is being used. All components are going to the AVR, then to the TV. When playing a movie from a component I get picture for 2 seconds then it goes blank and only sound plays through the AVR. That goes for all components passing through the AVR. Also, when playing a movie from netflix or VUDU from the TV's smart hub, I get picture with no sound through niether the AVR nor the TV. The AVR is plugged in HDMI 2 (ARC). When I hook components straight to the TV using HDMI 2 all is well. What gives? Is this a known issue? HELP! I just want this crap to work right. Thanks for any input..

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible? Empty Re: Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:44 am

Hi isupes83,

Do you also have the (RIHD) set to on in the AVR?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible? Empty Hi.

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Yes. I believe so. But doesn't RIHD need to be on for the ARC function to work?

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible? Empty Re: Onkyo RIHD and Samsung Anynet+ HDMI-CEC not compatible?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi isupes83,

Yes it does. I will have to look into this for you and find out why this is happening.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks so much. I'll be waiting to hear back from you.

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi isupes83,

Does the receiver show up under the anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) devices in the TV? If not have you tried to refresh it to see if it does show up.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:31 pm

It does. And it's the weirdest thing, cuz I can control volume on the reciever with the tv remote and vice versa. It seems like they are trying to work together but there is something just not clicking. Also, I can see the Onkyo on screen menus when the screen is blank when trying use a component through the AVR.

Last edited by isupes83 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi isupes83,

Yes that is strange. I notice that you are using an HDMI 1.4 Ethernet cable and were wondering how you have this connected to the web, is it with a separate Ethernet cable or are you using the HDMI cable? Also on the receiver are you using the TV/CD input?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

The AVR is connected to the web using the Onkyo Wireless dongle. The TV is connected using its wireless feature. The 1.4 HDMI cable with ethernet is being used alone and strictly for using the ARC function between the TV and AVR. The thing that is really perplexing me is that when I start a movie from a component, like say, the apple tv, the picture actually shows up for a few seconds then goes out. This works fine in HDMI 1 plug. All components work properly in HDMI 1 plug, but I dont have the ARC function in HDMI 1.

Also, when plugged into HDMI 2 for ARC functionality, when I play a movie from netflix on the TV's smart Hub or any other source that comes from the TV, if i remember correctly, the AVR would automatically switch over the TV/CD input but have no sound. I cant be 100% cuz im not home right now to test it again.

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi isupes83,

I apologize for all the questions but how long is the HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV and is the cable going through any walls or is close to any device that maybe causing the interference?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

That's ok. You're trying to help me. Ask all the questions you want. The HDMI cable is 10ft. My TV is mounted about 6 feet off the floor and the cable runs in the wall for about 4-5 feet to the console cabinet at the bottom where all the components and AVR are located. The cable comes out the wall, is looped up around itself and tie wrapped to keep it from hanging all over the place. The only other wires running through the wall with it are 2 speaker wires coming from my surround speakers and a power wire for the TV. I just replaced an LG tv from last year with this Samsung a few weeks ago. With the LG all of this worked perfectly and without much effort. Do you think unplugging everything and factory resetting both the TV and the AVR and starting from scratch, like when starting new with the LG, would do something to help?

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi isupes83,

If it's not too much trouble please try your suggestion and let me know how it turns out.

Again thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isupes83 Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I sure will try that. I'm away from home for business until next Thursday. I'lll give it a shot when I get home and come back to this thread and post my results for you. Thanks for looking into this matter for me. I'll talk to you again in a week. Thanks.

isupes83

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi isupes83,

Talk to you then.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down