Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR818 issue?

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR818 issue? Empty TX-NR818 issue?

Post  boidsonly Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 pm

This is my first Onkyo and, on paper, it will do everything that I need it to do. I do have 2 issues that I can't seem to resolve. It could be me or it could be the AVR. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. My left surround repeatedly fails the auto audio setup even though there is a loud test noise coming from it. The test results fail it every time. Advice?

2. If I hook everything up to the 818 via HDMI and run the main out to my TV and the optical back from the TV to the TV optical in on the 818, no sound. If I connect all the HDMIs to the TV and come back to the 818 via HMDI and optical, I get sound. I do select the correct HDMI in on the 818 when trying to get sound. Is there something I am not doing correctly?

One of the single most important things I wanted to do was play my extensive WAV lossless music collection through my PC (it has 2 x 1tb drives connected to it via usb) and enjoy the superior sound of this AVR vs. my older HK. My PC also has a BD optical drive so it is important to be able to play BDs as well. This issue is driving me crazy.....

I have not purchased a new AVR since my HK 320 and , boy, have times/technology changed.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

boidsonly

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 issue? Empty Re: TX-NR818 issue?

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi boidsonly,

On the first issue, have you tried this same speaker post with another known good speaker?

On the second issue, HDMI take priority so the audio for this connection must be made separate.

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 issue? Empty Figured it out...

Post  boidsonly Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:29 pm

!. One of my speakers, as I moved it around from post to post, repeatedly failed. Something must be blown it it-I will have to get it checked out/repaired. Solved.

2. The right answer was to enable the 818 in the audio properties in WIN 7, set it up for 7.1 and apply the changes. Just had to make sure the HDMI for the PC input on the 818 was set to default. But it is now working and sounds awesome. Never have my AR-9s sounded so good....Solved.

I am very satisfied with this 818 and consider the $ well spent, given the price I paid for it.

On an aside, even the wife remarked how much better the sound was while watching Netflix the other night. But she got as excited about my new amp as I did about her new stove...... Laughing

Best regards,
Jeff

boidsonly

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Jeff,

Glad you could get your receiver up and playing the way it was intended to be played. Enjoy it and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down