Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo Empty TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo

Post  hodell Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 am

Here and elsewhere on the net the problems with the 616 and other 2012 Onkyo models has been well documented. Some of these issues are critical to some owners, others are just more of a nuisance than anything else. In all cases Onkyo has an obligation to address these issues and offer a timely solution to advertised features and specifications.

I think we all appreciate that these receivers are sophisticated pieces of electronics and that firmware will have to be updated to correct the problems that only seem to appear once these are road tested by consumers. I think we can also stipulate that Onkyo reps on this forum are at the mercy of Onkyo corporate and engineering functions which they do not control and have little influence over in terms of getting answers. That being said, I think as the consumers that have paid hundreds of dollars for these units, and as dealers and installers that stake their reputation on their purchases from Onkyo, we have a reasonable expectation to get our problems addressed and at the very least our emails and posts answered quickly and honestly by Onkyo.

I would appreciate it if the Onkyo reps on here would please address the following issues (at a minimum) with the 616 and possibly other 2012 receivers:

1. Can we expect to have a firmware update to address the problems posted in this forum?
2. When can we expect this firmware to be posted and made available?
3. What about those of us that downloaded the intermediate firmware update that was pulled and can't now update anything?
4. When will you modify the posted firmware update process documentation to match the 616 menus?

At the heart of our discontent with you Onkyo is that fact that we feel that your are not addressing our concerns and seem to think that ignoring us is going to make us go away or stop complaining. Well, you may be half correct. We may go away - to your competition.

Please respect our concerns. Answer our posts and emails in a reasonable amount of time and be honest with us. If it is going to be several weeks until we can expect a firmware upgrade, just tell us. We may not like it, but at least we know. If Onkyo can't figure out all the problems, just tell us you are working on it and give us a timeframe for when to expect a fix.

I have purchased many of your products and I would like to continue to do so, but please...

chuck

hodell

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo Empty Re: TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi hodell,

We are currently working to determine why some customers are still experiencing issues and hope to have an answer soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo Empty Re: TX-NR616 (2012 line of receivers) - Let's go Onkyo

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 am

Hi hodell,

Update: The firmware posted on 6/8 addressed an issue with the internal memory of the system. We are continuing to diligently investigate other issues which have been brought to our attention and will provide updates to address them as quickly as possible.
The firmware posted on the network on Tuesday, June 5th was actually the final test update of what was released on Friday, June 8th. The only difference between it and the one released on June 8th is the version number.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down